Welcome to Gaia! ::

I did a quick Google search on this, and I know I'm not the only person with this problem, because I found my exact problem several times. The only deal is that none of these people found a solution either. gonk I'm hoping one of you can help me.

I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0, and when I start it up, it acts just like it's going to start perfectly; then, all of a sudden, it just disappears. Just.. gone. Like I never even opened it. Image Ready works fine, but I can't jump from Image Ready to Photoshop. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work. The reinstallation stops on 99% and then crashes, so I had to do a system restore just to get back the nonworking Photoshop.

I read somewhere that you can hit ctrl+alt+shift when starting Photoshop, but that had absolutely no effect.

So yeah.. This is really annoying, and I'm really hoping someone knows what to do. Thanks in advance.. *crosses fingers* sweatdrop
Try uninstalling it, then run something like Norton Windoctor to make sure that registry entries are deleted; delete any files that may belong to the uninstalled Photoshop that weren't deleted by the uninstaller... maybe you should try installing it on an entirely different hard drive, if you have an extra one.

*edit*
And make sure you restart the computer after the uninstall.
*sigh* I don't have another hard drive, but I tried this, and I still get the same thing. This is so frustrating. *pulls hair out*
See if this link gives you any help.
Try running DrWtsn32.exe or Eventvwr.msc before running Photoshop. DrWtsn32.exe will create a .log file in your documents folder. The Event Viewer should provide you with information on errors as they occur. Start up either (or both) of these programs and then start Photoshop. After it quits on you, check the appropriate areas (with Event Viewer, check the Application listings). That should tell you if an actual error occured.
Okay, I tried this again..

I had tried this several times already, but I tried once more. Apparently I was doing something wrong the times before, because it worked this time. I uninstalled Photoshop Image Ready, deleted ALL the registry entries, rebooted, and installed again. It's working just fine now. I have no idea why this didn't work for me before.

Anyway, thanks a lot to the two of you who responded. smile
hey the same thing happens to me..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas