Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Gaian

I have a friend who is is in need of a new computer that is to be used for professional photo editing.

what do you all recomend for the specs on it?
Anything semi-recent in the world of Macintosh computers. Adobe Photoshop CS and PaintShop Pro for programs. At least a 4 megapixel digital camera, a photo-quality printer, and a high end scanner.

Familiar Gaian

Quote:
Anything semi-recent in the world of Macintosh computers. Adobe Photoshop CS and PaintShop Pro for programs. At least a 4 megapixel digital camera, a photo-quality printer, and a high end scanner.

can you elaborate?
That was rather elaborate, I thought.

You'll need a good image editting program and a good computer to run it -- this is where Macs are known to excel. I have no experience with any of the recent macs, though, so I can't suggest a specific model.

And largely you'll need peripherals -- digital camera, high-end printer & scanner. Personally, for professional photography I'd get an SLR-like digital, at least 5. I suppose it should also be said here not to waste money on digital zoom. It's absolutely worthless, you can do the same thing on any image editting program. Optical is "true" zoom.
A Power Mac G5 with at least a decently sized display. Adobe products are exceptional at creating professional artwork. PaintShop Pro is also a good piece of digital imaging software. Pretty much any digital camera that has a rating of something higher than 3 megapixels and has optical zoom for taking photos of real life things. A photo quality printer for glossy prints that look great, and a scanner of some sort to put any drawn art in.

Also a tablet of some kind would also be very useful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff