Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Pup

13,225 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
          User Image This occurred since 3 days ago.

In case you might ask, I'm running Windows 8.1

I lost the ability to drag and drop music/pictures/files into my Samsung Galaxy s5.
          Whenever I plug it in my laptop it isn't shown/recognized and all it does is charge it's power.

Usually when I plug my phone into my laptop (Asus, not sure of the model) with the usb cable that came with it, a notification would appear on my phone as 'connected as a media device'.
          Back then, my phone could be shown in 'my computer' or 'this pc' and I was able to drag and drop files into it.

My phone is shown with a yellow "!" mark like this:
          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'd really really appreciate any solutions!

Things I've tried but failed:

- replug my phone
          - factory reset the phone, twice
          - downloaded latest drivers
          - uninstalled the 'unknown device', unplugged and plugged my phone

Timid Pup

13,225 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
          User Image bump ! )-':

Timid Pup

13,225 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Don't bump. It's against the rules and people think you already getting help blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah they then leave thread alone blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Ok now that I have that boring s**t outta the way:
Did the phone come with any software on a disk? I know mine (Sony Xperia) came with a software suite that allowed it to connect and talk to my PC.

What phone is it? It may require some software in order to talk with the PC. Otherwise it's like someone talking Mandarin to a Swahili speaker and you're not going to get anywhere in that scenario without a translator, which in the case of my Sony is the Sony PC Companion. I also believe Nokia and Samsung also have something similar but obviously of their own design and copyright.

I apologise if that was repetitive, I'm tired and I am trying to get rid of this **beeepbeepbeepbeep** bug that is trying to cling on like some sort of desperate hanger-on.

Timid Pup

13,225 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Lanackse-Kanvae
Don't bump. It's against the rules and people think you already getting help blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah they then leave thread alone blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Ok now that I have that boring s**t outta the way:
Did the phone come with any software on a disk? I know mine (Sony Xperia) came with a software suite that allowed it to connect and talk to my PC.

What phone is it? It may require some software in order to talk with the PC. Otherwise it's like someone talking Mandarin to a Swahili speaker and you're not going to get anywhere in that scenario without a translator, which in the case of my Sony is the Sony PC Companion. I also believe Nokia and Samsung also have something similar but obviously of their own design and copyright.

I apologise if that was repetitive, I'm tired and I am trying to get rid of this **beeepbeepbeepbeep** bug that is trying to cling on like some sort of desperate hanger-on.

User Image I haven't had any help since the very day this problem started occurring. x________x
          It's a samsung Galaxy s5. I'm assuming the problem lies within the drivers for it, but I can't find any solution to this.
          Thank you though.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Have you tried another cable? I assume the s5 uses the same microUSB connector most small devices do?
Have you tried wiggling the connector in the phone around a little? my Nexus 5 seems to be picky sometimes, and won't connect properly without me finding a position the cable will work in.
Tried another usb port, or tried anything else in that USB port?
and last, have you got your phone wet recently?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff