Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Noob

I've googled around a bit but I can't find a solution, so I sort of turn to gaia as a last hope lol.

Paint tool SAI used to work fine before this weekend. This weekend however I didn't have my Wacom tablet so I plugged in an old semi-broken Medion one that I had lying around. I don't know for sure if this is what caused it, but when I tried to open SAI afterwards nothing happened. No error message or whatever but it just doesn't open.

Things I tried:
Restarting pc
Reinstalling SAI
Starting SAI from sai.exe, start-sai.exe and using a .sai file
Looked for a driver the Medion tablet might have installed but couldn't find one

and it's still not opening. If anyone has a suggestion that gets it to open again I will be eternally grateful.
where did you download sai from and what version do you have? i suggest you get sai 1.1.0
also have you tried starting it as administrator?
in the worst case scenario i would suggest downloading a different program such as, krita, fire alpaca or photoshop (which i personally recommend over sai)

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not sure if you ever figured it out but mine just recently did the same thing, after much searching you just have to right-click the program and choose troubleshoot compatibility, follow the steps and if it works you need to click next to save the changes and it will work every time thereafter. I'm thinking it was a windows update that killed mine but idk...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff