Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gawker

Basically, I'm a member of a club that has a lot of books and games and I'm trying to find some way of creating an online database of everything so that all members can view it. What would be the best way of going about this? Thanks

Invisible Noob

An easy way is to use Google docs. Make a speadsheet with all the data and make it so anyone can view but not edit it. Provide the link to those interested.

Gawker

Sexy Chaos Engineer
An easy way is to use Google docs. Make a speadsheet with all the data and make it so anyone can view but not edit it. Provide the link to those interested.

Thanks mrgreen
Another club I'm in uses that but I was hoping there was something else out there that maybe looked a little nicer. Although, it looks like it'll just have to be a spreadsheet after all

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Purple_On_The_Brain
Sexy Chaos Engineer

Thanks mrgreen
Another club I'm in uses that but I was hoping there was something else out there that maybe looked a little nicer. Although, it looks like it'll just have to be a spreadsheet after all

If you want it to look nicer, you will probably need to put a considerable amount of work into it.

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Purple_On_The_Brain
Sexy Chaos Engineer

Thanks mrgreen

If you want it to look nicer, you will probably need to put a considerable amount of work into it.

Well I'm willing to put in the effort. Will just make do with what I've got for the moment and try to fix it up when it's at least functional
Purple_On_The_Brain
Saruwatari Kooji
Purple_On_The_Brain
Sexy Chaos Engineer

Thanks mrgreen

Well I'm willing to put in the effort. Will just make do with what I've got for the moment and try to fix it up when it's at least functional
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but it sounds like you'd need a web form to have users insert data that inputs to a database that users can query to see what other people are doing. That can look like anything you want, but it's not going to be anywhere near as simple to setup as a shared Google doc.

Your best bet (if you need to control user access) would be to create a Google docs form that collects the data to a read-only Google spreadsheet. That way users can input new data, but can only view what other people might be adding. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it could be an option. Still going to look like a spreadsheet, but the form can look nicer.

Enduring Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Googledocs or Skydrive is probably the easiest option.

Otherwise you'll have to put together an actual website. make a CSV file of the games and books and then use a webpage to display and sort them. This option is much prettier.

Interesting Friend

There's also a program called dropbox which I use with the people I go to school with. It accessible from anywhere you have internet! On a PC or Android phone, maybe apple...
Useful for sharing files photos etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces