Welcome to Gaia! ::

Here's the prob. I've had my DS for quite a while now, i got it on import and i believe that voids the warranty(and i have no recipt (correct me if i'm wrong)) and just today, i got a dead pixel. It just appeared on my bottom screen. If there's a way to fix it myself without dissecting my DS is there a way, if not how will i go about replacing without buying another it if there's no warranty. (I'm in england, should you need to know)

Dangerous Lunatic

On a technicians perspective I would tell you to try other games, and see if that works. After that, take out the batteries completely for 5 minutes and then attempt to use the system.

If that fails, you have a slightly faulty part to the system. Most companies will void warranties if the item was purchased online through a deal or something like Ebay. However, if the item was purchased through something such as Bestbuy.com or something to that effect, you should be able to either send it back or to send it to the manufacturer with a printed receipt from the website you purchased it from.

Back to a technical perspective, you could purchase the display unit and replace it by opening up the case, removing the damaged component, and then replacing it with the "new" one you purchased. However longing you are to fix the problem, I do not suggest this course of action as it requires trianing in electronics repair that I have a good guess you have neither the inclination to get into nor the time to do so.
Tsuraiako
Here's the prob. I've had my DS for quite a while now, i got it on import and i believe that voids the warranty(and i have no recipt (correct me if i'm wrong)) and just today, i got a dead pixel. It just appeared on my bottom screen. If there's a way to fix it myself without dissecting my DS is there a way, if not how will i go about replacing without buying another it if there's no warranty. (I'm in england, should you need to know)

It comes out tomorrow in the UK, if you feel like doing something immoral, you could buy a UK model, put the US model in the box and return it, unless they check the box very carefully they won't notice.

I'm not recommending this, but it is a choice.
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
On a technicians perspective I would tell you to try other games, and see if that works. After that, take out the batteries completely for 5 minutes and then attempt to use the system.

If that fails, you have a slightly faulty part to the system. Most companies will void warranties if the item was purchased online through a deal or something like Ebay. However, if the item was purchased through something such as Bestbuy.com or something to that effect, you should be able to either send it back or to send it to the manufacturer with a printed receipt from the website you purchased it from.

Back to a technical perspective, you could purchase the display unit and replace it by opening up the case, removing the damaged component, and then replacing it with the "new" one you purchased. However longing you are to fix the problem, I do not suggest this course of action as it requires trianing in electronics repair that I have a good guess you have neither the inclination to get into nor the time to do so.

I've tried the frst one, tke the battery out. that didn't work.

The second one is not possible as it was from ebay and the 3rd is well out of my reach. So it seems my only option left is to get it repaired, professionally. So this means i'd like to know any shops that'd be able to do it. Preferably a countrywide shop, like game or PC world or something that'll be able to fix it and not fark it up.

(as i said, i'm in england)
Most game shops will "repair" systems. which in other words mean, they'll send it to nintendo and charge you an extra $20 than the normal repair cost. all you have to do is send it to nintendo yourself. It should tell you how and how much it costs at their website.(don't know if the UK one is different form the US one). Also, the warrenty just means they'll fix if for free/send you a new system, otherwise, you just have to pay for it.
Foxfire15
Most game shops will "repair" systems. which in other words mean, they'll send it to nintendo and charge you an extra $20 than the normal repair cost. all you have to do is send it to nintendo yourself. It should tell you how and how much it costs at their website.(don't know if the UK one is different form the US one). Also, the warrenty just means they'll fix if for free/send you a new system, otherwise, you just have to pay for it.

Oh right. I didn't know that. Now which nintendo should i send it to seeing as it's a US model(as far as i know there's no difference) and i'm in england, or which would be cheaper?

edit:Holy Shag! The dead pixel just moved from it's origional position! Do they usually do that?
no, they usualy dont, meaning this is probally a dying pixal or something else.

FYI they wont replace or repair for a dead pixel, they'll just laugh at you and charge you shipping.

now if we're talking 15 dead pixels, then you will probally get a replacement.
Ale is very correct. Also, dead pixels can't be fixed. The screen gets replaced. With a screen that small, the cost isn't too much, so you might get lucky and get it replaced anyway. Call Nintendo, that's the only correct answer people can give you at this point.
Well, it is starting to dade back to normal (it's not as bad as it used to be) so i'm gonna do what nintendo say, wait a week and see if it affects your gameplay enjoyment, if it's still there i'll see what i can do with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff