Welcome to Gaia! ::

BerserkLeon

Another question, the fact that it took some time to run into the error again, I'm curious about.
Is this happening literally from boot to shutdown or does it just start happening randomly?
Random.
Could be the moment I boot up, or the moment I try to listen to something on youtube, to 5-6 hours after the laptop being on and listening to something directly from the laptop. Restarting helps it.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
All and Sundry
BerserkLeon

Another question, the fact that it took some time to run into the error again, I'm curious about.
Is this happening literally from boot to shutdown or does it just start happening randomly?
Random.
Could be the moment I boot up, or the moment I try to listen to something on youtube, to 5-6 hours after the laptop being on and listening to something directly from the laptop. Restarting helps it.

Ok. Well, there's also the possibility that there's an issue with some of your RAM. I'm not sure if chrome still does this, but I'm pretty sure it used to store downloads in RAM while it was getting them. Imagine firefox might do the same. So this could be why you're having issues downloading the iso. The problem randomly starting points to either a badly coded driver or the driver becoming corrupt once it's loaded in RAM, not on disk. If it were corrupt on disk I imagine you wouldn't have any sound at all.

Well, let's get to potential problem solving.
http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm This has an iso you can boot that allows you to test your RAM.

If this isn't it I suppose we'll need to try to find the drivers for your sound
BerserkLeon
All and Sundry
BerserkLeon

Random.

Ok. Well, there's also the possibility that there's an issue with some of your RAM. I'm not sure if chrome still does this, but I'm pretty sure it used to store downloads in RAM while it was getting them. Imagine firefox might do the same. So this could be why you're having issues downloading the iso. The problem randomly starting points to either a badly coded driver or the driver becoming corrupt once it's loaded in RAM, not on disk. If it were corrupt on disk I imagine you wouldn't have any sound at all.

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm This has an iso you can boot that allows you to test your RAM.

Oh no no. No issues downloading the Iso. I simply tried to put it on disc before it was done downloading. sweatdrop

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
All and Sundry
BerserkLeon
All and Sundry
BerserkLeon

Random.

Oh no no. No issues downloading the Iso. I simply tried to put it on disc before it was done downloading. sweatdrop

Well still, give the ram test a shot if you get the chance. Aside from RAM or your driver, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've had my system drive's space excessively low before (it was showing 0MB free, I think) and I never had a sound issue.
running out of RAM can screw things up but that shouldn't be what's happening, with 6GB. Although, your browser can take up a lot of RAM if you leave it up a lot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff