Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

So, I've just recieved a Black Wii for my birthday. But it doesn't have any ports for Gamecube controllers. Is this the evil new one that has no backwards compatibility? I could have sworn there was one particular system that came with Mario Kart that still had this option.
I could really do with some help here Gaia, because I'm a little crestfallen.

Dapper Regular

20,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I bought that one just for Super Mario Wii last christmas, and i was upset about that too. I was Tearing the top of it off cause it wouldnt open, and the frame was there, but no hardware :/
It still downloads games from the wii store, but gamecube games aren't compatible...

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
I'm guessing you have the Wii Family Edition, which unfortunately is the new evil one without GCN compatibility. =(

As far as I'm aware, the Family Edition models are the only models that forgo GCN compatibility. The MKWii bundle is GCN compatible.

Fashionable Lunatic

Treklink256
I'm guessing you have the Wii Family Edition, which unfortunately is the new evil one without GCN compatibility. =(

As far as I'm aware, the Family Edition models are the only models that forgo GCN compatibility. The MKWii bundle is GCN compatible.

Maybe I could exchange my current one for one from that Bundle?

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
II The Pyro II
Treklink256

Maybe I could exchange my current one for one from that Bundle?
You might be able to take it back and return it for a different model. That'll depend on the store though. The backwards compatible model is out of production altogether I believe.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
After a certain time, they stopped producing Wii's all together that had backwards compatibility. I think it was shortly after the black one dropped?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff