Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay first off, i have an AMD 2500+ Barton core. Im looking for better than stock cooling, but also non expensive. I dont need -20c cooling stare Just better than stock. Also the best goop for it.

Im looking to spend about 50$ on it.
I would say to go with the AMD/Celeron cooler from Antec that you can get in most stores nowadays... Got one with my Proc only processor from newegg 2600+barton... OCed it and it still runs at a good temp of 90degrees normal.
As for antivirus, im not sure about Panda antivirus, but i know that Norton takes up a HUGE amount of proc time.
First off it's not called goop, It's called thermal compound.

Unless your going to be overclocking I wouldn't recommend changing the Default Heatsink.

I haven't tried Panda, But Norton doesn't seem to use up much rescources and seems to have more awards or something than Panda.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
They always say norton is like a worm. wink It hogs resources, messes up stuff, and .. well.. yeah. wink
yup, still need some help with this, would really like to order it tonight.
For thermal grease, I reccomend artic silver 5. Probably the best stuff out there, never seen anyone reccomend other wise.

As for your heatsink, you have two options that'd I'd reccomend. First off, if you want some of the best air cooling you can find, go with a Thermaltake Volcano(any of those models will be good, just check out some specifics to tailor it to what you need. But if you want a quieter heatsink that doesn't cool quite as much but is still good, go with a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu. BEcause everyone loves a blooming flower.

Of course, I say you should buy them from newegg.
ramiel.sheep.of.lightning
For thermal grease, I reccomend artic silver 5. Probably the best stuff out there, never seen anyone reccomend other wise.

As for your heatsink, you have two options that'd I'd reccomend. First off, if you want some of the best air cooling you can find, go with a Thermaltake Volcano(any of those models will be good, just check out some specifics to tailor it to what you need. But if you want a quieter heatsink that doesn't cool quite as much but is still good, go with a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu. BEcause everyone loves a blooming flower.

Of course, I say you should buy them from newegg.

i only buy from newegg 3nodding what do you think about this?
hereeee
Shadowlost

i only buy from newegg 3nodding what do you think about this?
hereeee

Looks good. Just read through the reviews. Although newegg says not to trust them, they are often very good indicators of the quality of something, but people tend to exaggerate some. So it's probably not the best cooler out there, but it'll definately do a great job.

-ramiel out-
for $50 sell your proc on ebay and buy a faster one.
Mirukuko
for $50 sell your proc on ebay and buy a faster one.

why would he want to sell his processor on ebay? all he wants is to get a better cooler this is advice that does not follow.
THe only point in superstock cooling is to overclock. The only reason to overclock is to make your comp go faster. It's more reliable to have a faster proc. with its stock cooling than to have an overclocked proc with superstock cooling.
Mirukuko
THe only point in superstock cooling is to overclock. The only reason to overclock is to make your comp go faster. It's more reliable to have a faster proc. with its stock cooling than to have an overclocked proc with superstock cooling.

Not really, my proc runs hot right now at about 50c and sometimes my computer seems to really lag at that temp. When i open the windows and its running at around 40c it seems to run alot smoother. Also i overclock to 3200+ speeds (2.2ghz) on ocassion, and with the normal cooling it gets at almost 62c. I dont want a different cpu though, just a cooler.
Temperature is directly proportional to speed, not inversely. Not sure why you'd think that a slower running proc would make it run hotter......

basically, faster = hotter, slower = colder.
what the?!

It's the colder the PC, the better it runs. When it's hot, it's runs fine but not effiently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff