Invisible Elder

13,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
My current keyboard is an Apple Wireless Keyboard. I'm wanting to find something a bit more. Backlighting, maybe some custom macro keys... something better than a standard small keyboard with batteries to swap. I've found 2 keyboards that are fairly small in size and need help comparing them or maybe finding others to consider.

Apple Wireless Keyboard - link
Pros:
- Bluetooth
- Small
- Flat keys (I HATE the big chunky keys on majority of keyboards)
- Made of metal

Cons:
- No backlighting
- No custom keys
- Have to swap batteries

Logitech K811 - link
Pros:
- Bluetooth with up to 3 devices, switchable via a button
- Recharge via USB
- Flat keys
- Small
- Backlit keys
- Backlit key brightness auto-adjusts to the room lighting
- Made of metal

Cons:
- No custom keys

Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. M - link
Pros:
- Bluetooth with up to 4 devices, switchable via a button
- Recharge via USB
- Flat keys
- Custom color backlit keys
- Small
- Comes with a travel case & device (phone/tablet) stand.

Cons:
- No custom keys
- Made of plastic

Between the 3, I've only used the Apple one. From reviews, the Logitech one is a lot like the Apple keyboard, but with backlit keys and rechargeable via USB. I'm more interested in the Mad Catz keyboard though, but being a retail worker, an impulse buy of either the Logitech or Mad Catz keyboards aren't in my best interest. Also aren't really any reviews around for the Mad Catz keyboard, due to it being fairly new & not a huge market, as far as I know.

This is for use with a desktop computer. Doubt I'd use it with my phone, but with either the Logitech or Mad Catz keyboards, I could if I really wanted to. I've never tried seeing if the Apple keyboard can be used with smart phones or not. If I ever get a tablet in the future, I'd likely use a keyboard with that.

Please no brand bashing.

Feel free to suggest other similar keyboards, but I don't see anything else like these in my searches, besides another very similar Logitech one, but since I already listed the better Logitech keyboard, I left that one out of the list.