Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello, my desktop has a black screen when I turn it on. It gets past the blue screen where it has a logo, but then it turns black afterwards.

I tried unplugging it, clearing the BIOS, rebooting in safe mode and leaving it alone for a while. When I try going into safemode, it still leads to a black screen. I don't think it is a virus because I always did a scan, nothing was detected, and I haven't browsed the internet or download things on that computer for a long time, I only went on it to write and animate things. What can I do? Is my only option now is to take it in for service? And is there a way to save my files on that computer? That's all I'm mostly worried about anyways, I have 2 years of work on that computer and I don't want to lose them...

I have a 2010 windows 7 HP desktop. Before this happened, last night it was working, I was on the desktop but everything was lagging and I could not open anything. Even the start menu lagged. Then when I restarted it, that's when the black screen happened.

I posted for help on other forums, and people told me to install some kind of software but I can't install anything if I can't even get my computer to start working. Just pointing that out.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Do you have a boot disk? You might be able to get in and scan your hard drive and RAM.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff