Welcome to Gaia! ::

Married Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gaian 50
hopefully I finally managed to fix my PC/Computer's PSOD (pink screen of death)
hopefully
I don't even know what caused it exactly, had to reboot my computer twice and did nothing till my Windows was completely up to date, probly cause I loaded an application that was out of date, got to get some fresh applications like VLC, WinRAR and PowerIso, I suspect Google Chrome was the culprit so gonna get Safari this time or just stick with Internet Explorer, anyone know any good DLL fixers or Spyware apps? Or could tell me the things that might have caused this PSOD?

I know a few reasons, might be a loose cable, answer I plugged in a new one and made sure it was secure, another is that my monitor is burned out and this will happen again (I really hope not) or and I really hope to god this is not the reason, my graphic card is burning out and I have to get a new one.

As I mentioned before I rebooted my computer twice cause of PSOD, and each time the thing fixed itself, so I suspect it is a software issue and not a hardware one. So maybe my software is out of date or I downloaded something that did bad things to my computer graphic card, I just want to find the source and avoid the same mistake.

I am already taking steps, downloading newer applications then using the old ones on my external hard drive, I still suspect that either the Google Chrome or my old but updated VLC are the culprit/s.

Bashful Explorer

Try checking the error logs...find the fatal exception and Google the error and its Hexcode.

Or try to get a screen shot(photo0 of the error the next time and post it.

Married Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gaian 50
ebattleons_alt
Try checking the error logs...find the fatal exception and Google the error and its Hexcode.

Or try to get a screen shot(photo0 of the error the next time and post it.
I used an internent windows helper guide that lead me to a fix all app posted by windows to detect windows issues and I used it every time before I updated to get the best update and I did, now I just hope it works

I still don't know what caused the PSOD

Bashful Explorer

Well keep us posted....good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out