Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Survivor

9,725 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Ok so I've had this laptop for 2 or 3 months and its been running great up until recently. First my track pad began to act weird just jumping around my screen even when I'd move it or click some where else it would just jump across the screen so I just hooked up a mouse pad which I assumed as a simple solution but then I noticed my browser started going slower and when I played videos they were getting choppy when I'm move my mouse or scroll and the audio would give off a crackling noise as well. It was working fine up until recently and I keep it pretty clean I don't leave it on and I haven't spilled anything on it but all the sudden it seems to be going to crap and idk why. Please if some one could help me and I mean really help me that would been much appreciated. I have a Acer Aspire V15 the browser I'm using is firefox.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Download, install, update and scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware. Delete whatever it flags.

Aged Survivor

9,725 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
already in the process of that hopefully it works

Aged Survivor

9,725 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Nope it had zero effect

Divine Sage

You probably just had some corrupted driver installations.

By the way, the jumping mouse could have been caused by the way you position your hand on your laptop. Laptop track pads are sensitive to heat, so if you place your palm or any other part of your hands near the track pad without noticing, it could be sufficient to trigger a response. Believe it or not, this is actually a common problem for some users.

Aged Survivor

9,725 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Flemmes Felares

By the way, the jumping mouse could have been caused by the way you position your hand on your laptop. Laptop track pads are sensitive to heat, so if you place your palm or any other part of your hands near the track pad without noticing, it could be sufficient to trigger a response. Believe it or not, this is actually a common problem for some users.

Honestly I'm super careful about that and I make sure my palm or anything else isn't touching it and it still happens also my restore ended up not actually working. sad
So solutions please

Divine Sage

Senketsu Matoi
Flemmes Felares

Honestly I'm super careful about that and I make sure my palm or anything else isn't touching it and it still happens also my restore ended up not actually working. sad
So solutions please

Tried reinstalling all of your drivers?

Aged Survivor

9,725 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Flemmes Felares
Senketsu Matoi
Flemmes Felares

So solutions please

Tried reinstalling all of your drivers?

yup and still no luck

Divine Sage

You may still have a virus that Malwarebytes could not detect. Back up all of your data, and then try running combofix. Most of the time, this will not harm your computer despite its warnings, but backing up is prudent in any case.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff