Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have Avast and Norton currently installed on my comp, and i want to install AVG. Is having 3 AV programs risky/harmful in someway?
Why do you need all three? *chuckle* All you're doing is eating system resources. Personally, I'd use one and keep one in reserve in case you feel the need to use another. I don't particularly like AVG, incidentally, but that's because it like to eat my DOS capability when I uninstall it.
Having three active scanners at once can cause conflicts, and as noted, will eat quite a bit of resources. Having one active scanner and doing manual scans with several AV programs should not be a problem.

-O
Also, I suggest check at https://www.virusbtn.com/ to see how your chosen antiviruses scored.
also, i heard somewhere that AVG will crach a WinXP system, is this true?
Alpha Force
also, i heard somewhere that AVG will crach a WinXP system, is this true?

No. It isn't. I have several machines running AVG, all XP SP2 machines.
does AVG have a active scanner like Avast! does?
Alpha Force
does AVG have a active scanner like Avast! does?

I think it dose AVG shell or some such. It has a stupid tagging thing that it dose whitch makes a suspicious file unreadable no matter what you do. I found in very annoying when dissaemballing and learning about viruses with AVG thinking it knew best.

AVG is not abrasive or very harmful so far as scanners go however that is infact its critical weakness... I subjected it to tests and it cannot scan

inside archives .zip or .rar
packed applications
File format viruses
viruses with ANY type of encryption

also it misses 1 in 6 viruses I found from personal experence. and unacceptable margin of error for me.

I use Avast now I havent had any major problems with it recently. with the occasional nag about registration.

Perfect Regular

AVG has the resident shield, which loads into the system tray and examines files as they are accessed/saved (as most scanners do).

AVG can scan inside ZIPs, and also ZIP files within ZIPs. The others on Darkphantom's list, it can't (AFAIK).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff