Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
The audio to my computer is gone. more specifically the Multimedia Audio Controller seems to ha/e been uninstalled. anyone think they can help?

screen pics/more details can be pro/ided if necssicary,.

Conservative Victory

What kind of computer are you using? A laptop with built in speakers or a desktop with speakers you have to hook up?

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
laptop built in.
Prince Ikari
What kind of computer are you using? A laptop with built in speakers or a desktop with speakers you have to hook up?

Conservative Victory

Well if you have a laptop the first thing I would make sure is that you did not press any combination of keys that would have disabled your sound. I did that once by pressing fb + space and cut off all the lights on my laptop once. I'm not sure which operating system you are using but I would try going through the control panel, selecting the option for sounds, speech, and audio devices, and seeing what options you have there. You should have the key sound components under that option. You can go through those options and play with your sound settings, but if something really did get uninstalled, I would go and type in "Multimedia Audio Controller" into your Google search bar and find the appropriate one for your system and download the correct one to restore your sound. It's the only suggestion I can think of if you are missing your sound software for some reason. I hope that helps point you in the right direction.
Shade7510
laptop built in.
Prince Ikari

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
the problem with that is i'm not sure what exactly i'm supposed to download.
Prince Ikari
Well if you have a laptop the first thing I would make sure is that you did not press any combination of keys that would have disabled your sound. I did that once by pressing fb + space and cut off all the lights on my laptop once. I'm not sure which operating system you are using but I would try going through the control panel, selecting the option for sounds, speech, and audio devices, and seeing what options you have there. You should have the key sound components under that option. You can go through those options and play with your sound settings, but if something really did get uninstalled, I would go and type in "Multimedia Audio Controller" into your Google search bar and find the appropriate one for your system and download the correct one to restore your sound. It's the only suggestion I can think of if you are missing your sound software for some reason. I hope that helps point you in the right direction.
Shade7510
laptop built in.
Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

I understand. Try this link.

This link may also help. Or this link. I assume you will need to download the driver for the proper sound software your system uses. Since I do not know what system you have or what sound software you use determining that is your first step. Like how my HP laptop uses Beats Audio, or how my desktop I am on right now uses Realtek HD Audio. Depending on the brand, your laptop may specify somewhere on the outside what kind of company your speakers are from if you cannot find it on your actual system through control panel. Once you find that out you can search for a driver to download for that specific software and hopefully achieve sound once more.

Shade7510
the problem with that is i'm not sure what exactly i'm supposed to download.
Prince Ikari
Shade7510
laptop built in.
Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Basically you would need to search for a driver for whatever sound software you use. So if my desktop lost sound I would search for a driver for Realtek HD audio through Google. The best option would to be to try and download it through the manufacturer. You could also specify more details about your model for greater accuracy if you get lost.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
yeah, thats what i generally mangaged to do, thanks in adanc /ed for the help.
Prince Ikari
Basically you would need to search for a driver for whatever sound software you use. So if my desktop lost sound I would search for a driver for Realtek HD audio through Google. The best option would to be to try and download it through the manufacturer. You could also specify more details about your model for greater accuracy if you get lost.

Conservative Victory

You're welcome. I hope your issue has been resolved now.
Shade7510
yeah, thats what i generally mangaged to do, thanks in adanc /ed for the help.
Prince Ikari

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff