Welcome to Gaia! ::

I had to get rid of it and download the 6.2 version again because I couldnt handle it always opening programs without me opening them or just being slow. Anyways all of my friends think I should download it again because its "cool" and has a whole bunch of new things. stare Since its only in beta mode I should just wait till they release the non beta version...right?
Anyways I was wondering if anyone else had problems with it....
I don't have any problems with it. =/ You can uninstall it from your Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and install 6.2 again.
Haha MSN 7.0 Beta, i've been there. Un-installed it then installed 6.2 again smile Msn 6.2 is way better and plus, it supports msn plus heart heart heart

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I decided to wait for the full release because I heard negative comments about the beta. I downloaded 6.0 beta a couple years ago and never had a problem with it. I was hoping 7.0 would be the same, but alas it's not to be.

I think this one has problems because of the new advances such as logging in offline and supporting animated avatars. Any time a program brings advances, it's going to have problems.
cinnabun
I had to get rid of it and download the 6.2 version again because I couldnt handle it always opening programs without me opening them or just being slow. Anyways all of my friends think I should download it again because its "cool" and has a whole bunch of new things. stare Since its only in beta mode I should just wait till they release the non beta version...right?

Well I don't have the program because well I use another IM program called GAIM wich also has the MSN IM on it too, if you need an alternate and stuff and still have MSN messanger running and stuff, if you want to know PM me and stuff.
i have the beta purely because I could not get 6.2 to download for me, for reasons I am unable to fathom. I have no problems with 7.0
just wait for official v7. since it's beta, there's bound to be some several problems in it. i couldn't get it to dl right the first time, and then it kept on randomly signing me off and wouldn't let on. the weird thing was that after i uninstalled msn 7 beta, got back 6.2, then reinstalled 7 beta, it worked perfectly.

msn 7 isn't all that great, truthfully. just "winks" and "nudges". and the handwriting tool.
Generally, I don't much care for the mainstream IM programs because of the adware and the popups. Betas, as mentioned, are always a little bit buggy, so I suggest using the stable version or taking the good wit hthe bad.

An alternative would be to try one of the ad-free programs like Trillian, should you want a little bit of freedom from adware and such. It'll also consolidate your other IM programs into one interface.
cinnabun
I have just the same problem.
I ain't tried it yet but I also heard about it. Although it's a public BETA which means it's slightly better than a normal BETA, I still wouldn't try it out. I'll just wait until the official release is done and then wait for MSN Plus.

MSN Plus is a life save for me and it's a good organiser since my friends like to put silly long SN names all the time. Plus me having a bad memory isn't good, lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff