Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Hello, fellow gaians.

I need help and I am getting pissed. I have an HTC Desire and I want to move apps to my SD card because it keeps telling me there’s insufficient space on my phone. I deleted all photos, music and videos and most of my apps. I only have the usual apps I cannot delete. I have a 32 GB SD card on my phone and I cannot see the amount of phone storage available. How can I put most of my apps on my SD card or download apps directly to my SD card? I already downloaded the SDK (android-sdk-macosx), moved it to my Applications folder, and installed the platform tools. Every other tutorial or description gets me confused because it’s for a Windows PC or it stops describing further steps for Mac OSX. I have opened the Terminal and wrote the command that I read online which is “cd android-sdk-macosx”. It says: “No such file or directory” or "Command not found". Sadly, I don’t know much about technology and I have no idea what to do next. I have a Macbook Pro 10.7.5.

If you have more information regarding this matter, please write. crying

Thank you for helping.
XWaterLillyX
Hello, fellow gaians.

I need help and I am getting pissed. I have an HTC Desire and I want to move apps to my SD card because it keeps telling me there’s insufficient space on my phone. I deleted all photos, music and videos and most of my apps. I only have the usual apps I cannot delete. I have a 32 GB SD card on my phone and I cannot see the amount of phone storage available. How can I put most of my apps on my SD card or download apps directly to my SD card? I already downloaded the SDK (android-sdk-macosx), moved it to my Applications folder, and installed the platform tools. Every other tutorial or description gets me confused because it’s for a Windows PC or it stops describing further steps for Mac OSX. I have opened the Terminal and wrote the command that I read online which is “cd android-sdk-macosx”. It says: “No such file or directory” or "Command not found". Sadly, I don’t know much about technology and I have no idea what to do next. I have a Macbook Pro 10.7.5.

If you have more information regarding this matter, please write. crying

Thank you for helping.

The 'cd' command means 'change directory' and you're trying to change to a directory that obviously does not exist in the location where you are. You need to navigate to the directory where you saved the android-sdk-macosx file then run it. So for example if you saved it on the desktop and your username is tom then you would type:

cd /users/tom/desktop/android-sdk-macosx/

then

sudo filename.adb

replace 'filename' with the name of the file with the .adb extension, then continue with the remainder of the tutorial.

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Dx Uggh! Ok... - breathes in and out -

I'm going to start over from scratch because I moved the file to my Applications and can't open it through Users. So, I will put it on My Documents.

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ok, I did everything again and pasted this: /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/tools/android and the Android SDK Manager opened. Do I have to download all those checked marked?
XWaterLillyX
Ok, I did everything again and pasted this: /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/tools/android and the Android SDK Manager opened. Do I have to download all those checked marked?

cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/

adb devices

This should return one entry (your device), if it doesn't make sure it is connected.

./adb shell

Note the 'dot slash' at the beginning

pm set-install-location 2

exit

This looks like a good tutorial, after you've done the above steps, go here: http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

and follow steps 8 onwards.

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
loool, that's the one I was looking at xD

Thank you so much ^^ I will try it now and tell you.

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Stride-XR
XWaterLillyX

adb devices

This should return one entry (your device), if it doesn't make sure it is connected.

./adb shell

exit

This looks like a good tutorial, after you've done the above steps, go here: http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

-_- I'm sorry to bother you so much. I'm clueless with this stuff.

Ok, so after I pasted the "cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/" It did two things:

a) Users-MacBook-Pro-2:~ user$ cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/
Users-MacBook-Pro-2:platform-tools user$ adb devices
-bash: adb: command not found

b) Users-MacBook-Pro-2:~ user$ cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb
-bash: cd: /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb: Not a directory

My cellphone is connected and the USB debugging it's checked. I don't know what else to do.
XWaterLillyX
Stride-XR
XWaterLillyX

adb devices

./adb shell

exit

-_- I'm sorry to bother you so much. I'm clueless with this stuff.

Ok, so after I pasted the "cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/" It did two things:

a) Users-MacBook-Pro-2:~ user$ cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/
Users-MacBook-Pro-2:platform-tools user$ adb devices
-bash: adb: command not found

b) Users-MacBook-Pro-2:~ user$ cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb
-bash: cd: /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb: Not a directory

My cellphone is connected and the USB debugging it's checked. I don't know what else to do.

Try

./adb devices

(add a dot slash to the beginning)
Alternatively, you could skip the adb devices command altogether, as this is just to check if the devices is properly connected or not.

If the above solution did not work, try skipping directly to the ./adb shell command and proceed.

Witty Lunatic

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
Users-MacBook-Pro-2:~ user$ cd /Users/user/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/
Users-MacBook-Pro-2:platform-tools user$ ./adb shell
$ pm set-install-location 2
Error: unknown command 'set-install-location'
usage: pm [list|path|install|uninstall]
pm list packages [-f]
pm list permission-groups
pm list permissions [-g] [-f] [-d] [-u] [GROUP]
pm list instrumentation [-f] [TARGET-PACKAGE]
pm list features
pm path PACKAGE
pm install [-l] [-r] [-t] [-i INSTALLER_PACKAGE_NAME] [-s] [-f] PATH
pm uninstall [-k] PACKAGE
pm enable PACKAGE_OR_COMPONENT
pm disable PACKAGE_OR_COMPONENT
pm setInstallLocation [0/auto] [1/internal] [2/external]

The list packages command prints all packages. Options:
-f: see their associated file.

The list permission-groups command prints all known
permission groups.

The list permissions command prints all known
permissions, optionally only those in GROUP. Options:
-g: organize by group.
-f: print all information.
-s: short summary.
-d: only list dangerous permissions.
-u: list only the permissions users will see.

The list instrumentation command prints all instrumentations,
or only those that target a specified package. Options:
-f: see their associated file.

The list features command prints all features of the system.

The path command prints the path to the .apk of a package.

The install command installs a package to the system. Options:
-l: install the package with FORWARD_LOCK.
-r: reinstall an exisiting app, keeping its data.
-t: allow test .apks to be installed.
-i: specify the installer package name.
-s: install package on sdcard.
-f: install package on internal flash.

The uninstall command removes a package from the system. Options:
-k: keep the data and cache directories around.
after the package removal.

The enable and disable commands change the enabled state of
a given package or component (written as "package/class" wink .

The getInstallLocation command gets the current install location
0 [auto]: Let system decide the best location
1 [internal]: Install on internal device storage
2 [external]: Install on external media

The setInstallLocation command changes the default install location
0 [auto]: Let system decide the best location
1 [internal]: Install on internal device storage
2 [external]: Install on external media
$ exit
Users-MacBook-Pro-2:platform-tools user$ exit
logout

[Process completed]

This is what I did and so far it looked successful.However, when I Exit and go to my cellphone I still can't move the apps to my SD card s: The apps even have the "Move to SD card" gray and I can't choose it. And it still has the insufficient storage space sign.

Sweetheart

i never had that phone can't help you x:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas