Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you're unsure which type of keyboard you have, let me put it this way: if it cost you less than 100USD, chances are, it's probably not a mechanical keyboard. I've recently bought one, more specifically the Das Keyboard Ulimate, and in all honesty, you need to go out and get one.

So far here are the benfits:

- It feels and sounds RIDICULOUSLY good to type on (seriously, you actually look forward to typing)

- Improved typing speed + accuracy due to mechanical switch system, tactile feedback, etc.

- Lives 10x longer

You would normally think that these are arbitrary benefits that you could probably live without, but when it comes to something that you use as frequently as a keyboard (especially if you're a programmer/gamer like me who generally types a lot), it's more than worth the investment.

I've also tried the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, another mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches, which feels and sounds almost exactly the same but is generally quite annoying due to the additional macro keys on the side which means that you often accidently hit 'Caps Lock' rather than the letter 'A' and often find yourself sending messGES LIKE THIS.But maybe that's just me. All in all, worth the money.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
For future reference, chat threads go in the sub-board.

Also, I have the Razer BW Ultimate, and love it. I don't have that weird typo problem you claimed, but eh.
I'd have a Happy Hacker Progressional2 if I could afford it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff