Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should itunes have a simple delete button?

Yes 0.75 75.0% [ 3 ]
No 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

Demonic Hellraiser

8,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Healer 150
My only mp3 player that has been properly working is my 8 year old, 1 gig (I know, minuscule), ipod shuffle. While I do have songs on it, I wanted to delete some songs, add new ones and move around the songs to create a better playlist. So for the first time in years I used itunes. Unfortunately, this itunes is much different than the one I used years ago. (Granted, not surprisingly.) After hours of googling how to delete songs, where the summary button is (Turned out to be the settings), where the options were (Turned out to be the settings/summary area), I finally figured out how to manually sync, which would be step one in doing what I wanted to do. However, there was no manual sync option. Google does not provide an answer, so I come to the tech experts on gaia. Is this just because my ipod is so old? Is there something I need to do in order to get the option? Are there any clear explanations on how to do the things I want to do? Why can't itunes just have a delete button?

Here is a screenshot of my settings/summary/options.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Gaian

Volixia669
My only mp3 player that has been properly working is my 8 year old, 1 gig (I know, minuscule), ipod shuffle. While I do have songs on it, I wanted to delete some songs, add new ones and move around the songs to create a better playlist. So for the first time in years I used itunes. Unfortunately, this itunes is much different than the one I used years ago. (Granted, not surprisingly.) After hours of googling how to delete songs, where the summary button is (Turned out to be the settings), where the options were (Turned out to be the settings/summary area), I finally figured out how to manually sync, which would be step one in doing what I wanted to do. However, there was no manual sync option. Google does not provide an answer, so I come to the tech experts on gaia. Is this just because my ipod is so old? Is there something I need to do in order to get the option? Are there any clear explanations on how to do the things I want to do? Why can't itunes just have a delete button?

I found this on an Apple Support Communities fourm from someone asking the same question. This is what was answered and it helped out the person who asked the question.

"Actually, the 2nd (and 1st) gen shuffles are different from other iPods (including more recent shuffles). There is no Manually manage music setting (and never has been). It is basically always set to manually manage music; the only two ways to load it are to drag songs to it manually or use the Autofill command. It does not have an automatic syncing option, like other iPods."

Demonic Hellraiser

8,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Healer 150
SexyLatino
Volixia669

I found this on an Apple Support Communities fourm from someone asking the same question. This is what was answered and it helped out the person who asked the question.

"Actually, the 2nd (and 1st) gen shuffles are different from other iPods (including more recent shuffles). There is no Manually manage music setting (and never has been). It is basically always set to manually manage music; the only two ways to load it are to drag songs to it manually or use the Autofill command. It does not have an automatic syncing option, like other iPods."

Ah, thank-you. I didn't see that question when I was looking around.

Shy Gaian

Volixia669
SexyLatino
Volixia669

Ah, thank-you. I didn't see that question when I was looking around.
You're welcome,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces