Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will getting a analog to hdmi converter make a system hdcp compliant (assuming the connection is the only non compliant component)?
Does the computer need to have a hdmi cable input?
(I hope this makes sense. Admittedly I'm not 100% sure what questions I should be asking)

Aged Lunatic

MooMooJuice
Will getting a analog to hdmi converter make a system hdcp compliant (assuming the connection is the only non compliant component)?
(I hope this makes sense. Admittedly I'm not 100% sure what questions I should be asking)

The monitor is still going to be analog/VGA, so no not really. Just because you use an HDMI to VGA adapter doesn't make the monitor HDMI, you'll still have limitations (HDMI devices will actually identify themselves up the way, a VGA device will not, so your computer will likely still recognize that it's not an HDMI monitor).
Synapt
MooMooJuice

The monitor is still going to be analog/VGA, so no not really. Just because you use an HDMI to VGA adapter doesn't make the monitor HDMI, you'll still have limitations (HDMI devices will actually identify themselves up the way, a VGA device will not, so your computer will likely still recognize that it's not an HDMI monitor).

Okay, that's what I wanted to know. Thank you. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces