Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys, so long story short I have been a very dedicated PC user since I enjoy windows and multiple programs which are geared towards PCs but my last computer that I bought, the Sony Vaio (which ironically was almost as expensive as the mac) is on its last legs. So I have decided to switch to mac to hopefully get a computer that lasts longer even if it means destroying my bank account.

So here is the question, should I buy the slightly cheaper Air with the longer battery life but smaller RAM and CPU or buy the Pro which has a better display and apparent processing power. Note: I do not edit videos or game that much but am mostly concerned with the life of the computer, I just do not want it dying withing the next few years.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Black Wounded Wings
Hey guys, so long story short I have been a very dedicated PC user since I enjoy windows and multiple programs which are geared towards PCs but my last computer that I bought, the Sony Vaio (which ironically was almost as expensive as the mac) is on its last legs. So I have decided to switch to mac to hopefully get a computer that lasts longer even if it means destroying my bank account.

So here is the question, should I buy the slightly cheaper Air with the longer battery life but smaller RAM and CPU or buy the Pro which has a better display and apparent processing power. Note: I do not edit videos or game that much but am mostly concerned with the life of the computer, I just do not want it dying withing the next few years.

If you want to feel like your in prison because you can't customize anything, Mac. If you want to customize everything and feel happy, Windows. Trust me, you don't want a mac. However, if you still do use windows, Get a copy of Win7/Win8.1/ . If you want to move to mac, remember, that there isn't nearly as much programs for mac as windows. Also, a plus about the mac, is it's almost impossible to get a virus from what I hear. And also you should watch some reviews about both computers, And a VS. Video about Mac OS And Windows.
Black Wounded Wings

I don't think the lifetime between a MBA and a MBP is that different. As for which one to pick, do you need the stronger CPU, more RAM and slightly better graphics or a 15'' screen? Go Pro. Otherwise the Air may be the better option.

Slightly related: The 11'' air is about the size of the old Netbooks. Those things are tiny. Better try one out before you decide on the size.

Genius

7,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
For life, get the pro, but I seriously recommend getting an awesome ultrabook (pc) if you don't wanna break the bank, just keep looking around.
Also, if you live in the U.S east coast area, try hitting up MicroCenter. You may like what you see

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff