Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yup, I've been here before with this same question...you wonderful tech-heads answered it, but I saved the thread to my subscrip list and Gaia ate it... [/excuses]

So I'm here to ask the same question a second time:

I installed Linux/Knoppix on my computer using someone else's monitor, and now it won't boot using my monitor. It comes up and says, PC Display Settings Correct?, with three big colored boxes, and below those, an H value and a V value. How do I make it quit this and just boot?
During installation of knoppix, a file containing configuration for X server was created and stored on your harddrive. X server is an application allowing you to run graphical programs on linux. Now, when you changed monitors, you need to either edit this file (most probably /etc/X11/xorg.conf ) or run a program to recreate that file.
Unfortunately the knoppix documentation site is now down. Either wait until it's up again and look in it, or try finding the program in documentation available with your distro.
You may try running xorgsetup, xorgcfg or xorgconfig.
Quote:
During installation of knoppix, a file containing configuration for X server was created and stored on your harddrive. X server is an application allowing you to run graphical programs on linux. Now, when you changed monitors, you need to either edit this file (most probably /etc/X11/xorg.conf ) or run a program to recreate that file.
Unfortunately the knoppix documentation site is now down. Either wait until it's up again and look in it, or try finding the program in documentation available with your distro.
You may try running xorgsetup, xorgcfg or xorgconfig.

All righty, thanks. I'll probably wait until the site's up again so I can reference it if I run into issues. (Or, more likely, create issues...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff