Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got my stereo set up 1 meter from my computer, now I want to build a link from my PC to the AUX for the sound, how do I do that? And what do I need?

Thanks in advance.
<center> heheh. Go foamy. Well, your stereo (if it's capable) Should have two plugs at some point on it, one red and one white. Does it? </center>
You'll need an adapter. Plug that into the audio out jack on your sound card, run some stereo cable from the adapter to auxillary input on the stereo, and you're good. I do something similar to run AV from my comp to the house cable network.

The adapter looks like this. I doubt they make a cable with the same ends that is long enough for your needs.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Raijin Z

The adapter looks like this. I doubt they make a cable with the same ends that is long enough for your needs.

I have a fairly long (2 metre) 3.5mm to phono cable, so they do exist. It was pretty cheap, and my local electronics store had lots of them in various lengths.

But as Raijin Z says, even if you can't find that you can just pick up an adaptor and plug some phono cable into it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff