Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I decided I need to be lazy. And before I go about writing an app for myself for this, I was wondering if anyone knows of any apps that already exist for this purpose.

I'm looking for an app that allows me to load a color palette, preferably a Photoshop color palette (I'll build one manually inside the app if it won't let me import one), and then when I'm working in a code editor, I can click on the color I want from this little app and it'll automatically copy the HEX code for the color to my clipboard so that I can just paste it into my code. And have the option to grab the HEX code, the RGB code, or the CMYK code.

So, anyone know of any such app? I'd prefer it to be Mac OS X based, but I can take a Windows based one if need be. I'll just run it in Unity mode from VMware Fusion.

For those of you who might be a little ambitious, how about an app that runs on my iPhone, and connects to my Mac via Bluetooth or WiFi that allows me to tap on the color and it'll copy it to my clipboard on my Mac for easy pasting...

Generous Giver

I'm a little tired so I apologize if I didn't understand your request fully, but here are a couple options.

Paletton has a colour slider where you can choose hex or rbg/rbga.

Adobe Kuler has user-generated palettes and the ability to build your own.

I like Paletton more than Kuler, but they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

There is also Colourlovers, but most of the time you'll find a great palette and someone has tried to copyright it. What?
Those are only about half of what I'm looking for. But they're great at what they do. What I need is the next step. After I've made my palette, or imported my palette, I want to be able to easily grab the HEX code or RGB code with the click of the mouse or the tap of my finger, so that I can then just paste it.

Such as, I've built my color palette. In it, I have this wonderful shade of dark blue. Now, I'm working on a website, and need to enter the HEX code into the CSS for the background of the page. So I pop over to my neat little app in its own little window, click on that wonderful shade of blue, and boom, my clipboard is populated with #003878. Or if I flipped a little switch in the app, it gets populated with rgb(0,56,120). Then I just pop back over to my web designer app, press CMD+V on my keyboard, and what was once on my clipboard is now pasted nicely into my CSS.

Right now, what I have to do is open Photoshop, scroll down my color palette, click on the color I want, check the code it gives me, and go write it from memory into the CSS. Now, most the colors I work with, I've got them memorized. But I'm expanding into more colors. And it's more and more difficult to keep track of my color codes. My current palette, of which I'm using the different colors, which are different shades of only six colors, consists of 32 color codes. See my need to be lazy?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff