Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi! Is there a way to make a jump link to a post in a thread?
I want to set up a directory so you can click and jump down the page to a section.
Not sure how to do it, and everything I've tried don't work, so any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!
Dingy Diva
Hi! Is there a way to make a jump link to a post in a thread?
I want to set up a directory so you can click and jump down the page to a section.
Not sure how to do it, and everything I've tried don't work, so any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

I think you can. When I read the HTML code correct, you can use the small paper icon before "Posted:" in the title. That symbol is a link. Copy it and use that. (I am not sure, if that works in all cases, so use the test forum).

Elder

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=TOPIC NUMBER&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=POST NUMBER

The topic number is whatever number is after the ?t= in the url of your thread.

The post number is just whatever your post is. Be careful though, because the counting starts at zero. Meaning, the first post would be &start=0

And the third post would be &start=2.

This SHOULD work, but you should probably try it out in the test forum anyway.

Another way to do it is, if they're all your posts, edit the post(but don't change anything) save changes, copy the URL at the top. That's the direct url to the post you just edited.

^_^;

EDIT: I tested out my theory in this thread. The only problem with my method is that it only shows the post you selected downward. Meaning if you had a link to the third post, it wouldn't show the first or second.
Hope that's okay.
I have never tried it before in a forum, but in HTML, to jump to different parts of the same page you use the following code:
<a href = "#post5">Click here to go to post 5</a>
<a name = "post5">Post 5</a>

Note that you need the "#" in the link, and also that I have NOT tested this.
WOW thank you all so much!
I am sure this will do what I want it to!
You're the greatest!
I know someone here would have the answers for me!

I'll go test it now!
Thank you again! *HUGS* biggrin
[Q]

EDIT: I tested out my theory in this thread. The only problem with my method is that it only shows the post you selected downward. Meaning if you had a link to the third post, it wouldn't show the first or second.
Hope that's okay.

Super! This is exactly what I needed to do! Thanks for all your efforts!
I do appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces