Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im interested in really upgrading my computer, and one of the firstthings i am going to get is a new cooling system so i was womdering if a hydrogen cooling system is worth all the money i would have to spend on it.
svirfnebli
Im interested in really upgrading my computer, and one of the firstthings i am going to get is a new cooling system so i was womdering if a hydrogen cooling system is worth all the money i would have to spend on it.
YES, u could overclock ur entire system and it would stay kool
It's only worth it if you intend to do major overclocking AND the ventilation in your room is poor. Otherwise, stick to a copper heatsink, or liquid cooling.
if it breaks your screwed so stick to fans biggrin good quality fans
svirfnebli

I don't think it's worth it unless you're going to do some major overclocking.

Hydrogen cooling systems are a lot like neon-lighted tubes and fans, colored cables, and badass case mods in that they suck huge amounts of money from your wallet while delivering very little in the way of actual performance for the average user. CPUs, hard drives, and peripherals have reached the point where people aren't clamoring for better performance all the time any more, so the computer industry has resorted to bright shiny things to get our money.
That's my viewpoint on it too, I have a 2.6ghz p4, with a radeon 9600 256mb...and it runs everything just fine (Half Life 2...no problems.) Neither are even near 'cutting edge' but it does just fine on it's lonesome and stock cooling. The only hardware that might need that kind of cooling might be old hardware I suppose...but then it'd be a better investment to just get better components.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff