Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone here have a new one? With the uber click-wheel and all that good stuff? Don't they rock? I practically orgasm every time I touch an iPod now.
TaronWarrior
i practically orgasm every time I touch an iPod now.

You should see a doctor about that.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
TaronWarrior
Anyone here have a new one? With the uber click-wheel and all that good stuff? Don't they rock? I practically orgasm every time I touch an iPod now.

The iPod is something I'm saving up for and I can't wait to have one for myself smile
i have an old one it doesnt have an uber cool clickey wheel, but its got a clickey wheel and thats good enough for me!
I think the click wheel is kinda dumb because what made the 3G so cool was that it had no external moving parts. So I'm gonna laugh when after a year or so the click wheel falls off and you have a huge hole in the front.

Newbie Noob

3,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
I just bought a Ipod Mini, (bank took a owchy)

Its very cool, sleek, and powerful, having a text reader, calander, and contact lists also (of course you can only add with a computer but you can pull them up with the built in system)

with 4gb I've got over 280 songs MP4 audio totaling 12hrs and taking up only 1gb of that. Very nice quality and the headphones are great sound range and quality.

I get 7-8hrs with a battery charge at college campus through the day, and I love it alot!

Also the clickwheel is actually a round 4way button with heat/touch sensitive pad. So FF/RW/Play&pause/Menu/Select are buttons in the four directions and middle, but to change volume and move your 'cursor selection' you just lightly run your finger over the plastic layer and it doesnt turn. I checked and it only works for flesh, so I don't know if its heat or body's electic, but when I ran a pencil eraser or plastic pointed object it didn't work.

Not to mention in the very long run a Ipods actually quite cheap though it doesn't seem like it when you just see the numbers. I was thinking owch and scared when I got it, but for ~40-80hrs of music on the drive at a still great quality... and not to mention the battery stays alive pretty good... better than paying $100's of dollars on AA's for a MP3 cd player or those crummy MP3 players that store only a hour at max on them... and those are 1/3 the price of a ipod!?!? I'd rather get my monies worth thanks blaugh

I think I went overboard on the post... but I hope I helped, its a really nifty gadget and for its price comparing to CD/Mp3/CDMP3/other players... its really top notch!
iPods are yucky
My friend wanted me to buy an iPod but I don´t like hdd-players so i bought an iRiver iFP-995 instead. I love the 260 k colorscreen biggrin
You, 'Draupnir', are mistaken... Please honour that ring you've named yourself for better.

The Sony junk that plays ONLY Sony's crummy ATRAC format and ONLY load files using Sony's lame proprietary PC-only software are the recipient of the Lamer Award.

Diamond Multimedia's RIO, Creative's Nomad, Apple's iPod, and other HD-based devices that play standard (MP3, WMA, WAV, AU, plus others) formats, load like an ordinary USB or 1394 portable HD device on any computer platform that supports USB properly, and play on an economical rechargeable battery or can use an external battery pack are generally decent.
MalikTous
Diamond Multimedia's RIO, Creative's Nomad, Apple's iPod, and other HD-based devices that play standard (MP3, WMA, WAV, AU, plus others) formats, load like an ordinary USB or 1394 portable HD device on any computer platform that supports USB properly, and play on an economical rechargeable battery or can use an external battery pack are generally decent.
I never said all of these were yucky, just iPod's. I really hate them. So before you jump to a conclusion from no-where from now on, I'd shut your mouth. From where in "iPods are yucky" did you get that I think HD-based devices sucked? For shame.
For shame yourselfr, if you cannot offer any real reason for hating iPods, shut your own mouth.
MalikTous
For shame yourselfr, if you cannot offer any real reason for hating iPods, shut your own mouth.

Did you ask for reason? No, you did not. A little less jumping to conclusions will stop you looking like a dimwit you know... Besides, my hated for iPods is not for technical reasons anyway.

Take a look at what one mp3 player has done. Millions of people desire one, because it makes them "cool" to have one. The iPod is no longer a mp3 player, but a fashion accessory...an ugly one at that. The iPod is grotesque asthetically and they are remarkbly easy to scratch. I love when people go on about how large an iPod's memory is, thing is, most people who have one barely scratch the memory, most people dont even put 1000 tracks on it, when it can hold so many more.

The iPod is making people go out and spend a lot, for stuff they will never use fully. Most iPod owners would be better off with something with a smaller memory, but they want to be "fashionable" so they go out, and fork over a hell of a lot of money for an overpriced object. There are other MP3's just as large in memory, just as good, but cheaper.

I loathe the sound quality also. Sure, its better than some, on parr with many others, but there are other MP3s that give off better sound. While this can be blamed on the headphones, I found that on a variation of headphones, it never gave off enough bass, to rid itself of that annoying "tinny" sound. Also, while we are on the technical side, I know that ALL MP3's loose battery life after a while, but the iPod looses so much so quickly. While again this is debatable on useage of the thing, KNOWING the iPod has many users, shouldn't Apple make the battery last longer, there are companies that have made their products do this before, why can't they?

I don't claim to be an iPod or MP3 guru, but I hate it that so many people seem to think the ONLY decent player is an iPod, that so many people automatically assume an iPod is right for them.
Heheh sweatdrop
I got an iPod mini for free
It's really great.
And you should all stop being ridiculous. I just use my iPod mini just so I can carry around my playlist on it from iTunes on my computer.
Its a little overpriced in my opinion. I would rather just get a Palm.
im saving up for an ipod, but they are really expensive where i live.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff