Welcome to Gaia! ::

I bought a third party iphone and didn't realize till i brought it home that it still has Find my iPhone synced in. Therefore it's asking for original buyer or the person who first activitied the phone to sign in to their apple ID. Which i can't get a hold of. The people at the apple store can't do anything about it... is there a way to get into the phone without the need of apple id of the pervious owner???

Mega Noob

you can always try restoring the phone , to factory setting which should take that away.
bave
I bought a third party iphone and didn't realize till i brought it home that it still has Find my iPhone synced in. Therefore it's asking for original buyer or the person who first activitied the phone to sign in to their apple ID. Which i can't get a hold of. The people at the apple store can't do anything about it... is there a way to get into the phone without the need of apple id of the pervious owner???
we cant help with cracking it but if your going to use the phone then when you plug it in your data will just over write it any way so it wont matter.also i know 100% that apple can do something about it but they do not want 2.tell them to fix it get a agent who has not had 100 people yelling at him all day.
bave

No. Get the previous owner to log in with their information.
ios 7
you can always try restoring the phone , to factory setting which should take that away.

It still requires the older owners apple ID. . And I bought this phone off Craigslist.

Mega Noob

bave
ios 7

It still requires the older owners apple ID. . And I bought this phone off Craigslist.

you can create a new one?
ios 7
bave
ios 7

you can create a new one?

It has to be the original owner's information to unlock the device.

Like I said, get them to enter their information and then use your own.

Genius

7,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Well, it is always unwise to buy a third-party phone and not check absolutely EVERYTHING, especially with the iPhone. Sorry to say, but there is really no other way to check how, the iPhone could have been stolen then sold to you, sadly, it happens all the time. Just a tip, always check the IMEI/serial number and always make sure to ask the seller to remove find my iPhone and Cloud Sync/apple account and whatnot. If your phone was stolen then sold to you. I recommend you turn it in, it will give you peace of mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff