Welcome to Gaia! ::

how do you change an IP address
I don't think you can/supposed to unless you switch computers.
DejaV
how do you change and IP address
that depends on if you get your ip adress set automaticaly through dhcp on a network ... or if it set staticaly
If you are behind a router or connect to a computer through a local area network supplied with a DHCP server, you can request a new IP.

However, this does not change the IP your ISP gives your computer while you surf the web.

EDIT: If you can, open up the command prompt by going to Start -> Run and type in CMD.

From there type in:
IPCONFIG /release

IPCONFIG /renew

That should do it.
my school has wireless internet and we are all suposed to have our own IP addreess but someone is using my friend's so who ever is using it figured out how and now she needs to
DejaV
my school has wireless internet and we are all suposed to have our own IP addreess but someone is using my friend's so who ever is using it figured out how and now she needs to
inform the school admin. ... basicly someone changed the ip address manualy in there computer when the network is set up for DHCP ... the network admin can block the user and assian a new IP to your computer
Skye Darkhawk
If you are behind a router or connect to a computer through a local area network supplied with a DHCP server, you can request a new IP.

However, this does not change the IP your ISP gives your computer while you surf the web.

EDIT: If you can, open up the command prompt by going to Start -> Run and type in CMD.

From there type in:
IPCONFIG /release

IPCONFIG /renew

That should do it.

What is a DHCP server? I'm really computer illiterate sry
grundal
DejaV
inform the school admin. ... basicly someone changed the ip address manualy in there computer when the network is set up for DHCP ... the network admin can block the user and assian a new IP to your computer
They don't actually care, they just tell you to change yours
Dynamic Host Client Protocol.

It automatically assigns IP addresses to computers that request it.

Your friend might be able to Right Click on their Network Connection icon by their clock and open up the Properties for it. From there they should be able to attempt to Repair the connection.
yay randomly clicking is occasionally helpful! I found where you can change it. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff