Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey, i recently purchased morrowind and when i go to install the game, this message shows...

'C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel32\core763c.rra'
could not be installed.

Access Denide.

gonk gonk gonk gonk

What do I do? Anyone know how to fix this problem
anyone at all?

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'll assume you're on WinXP. Are you installing on an account with admin privileges?
no. I could be though, should i?
Arg. I was looking so forward to this game too. and since its sunday all the tech lines are closed. BULLSHIT!
I would run the installer from an account that has Administrator priveleges. It might not install at all without it.
Death_Scythe2112
I would run the installer from an account that has Administrator priveleges. It might not install at all without it.
-.- i see said the blind man.
Xarthos
Death_Scythe2112
-.- i see said the blind man.

reinstall it on the admin account. also if that doesn't help disengauge your firewall and virus program before you install it. sometimes nortain will stop ceteran files from installing.
You might also want to wait more than 5 minutes for a response. Sheesh. >P

Anything with "access denied" typically means you can't read or write the particular file. The only thing which would stop this that I can think of is user privilages. If you're lazy, install as the admin. If you're smart though you'll give your normal account admin-like privilages and install from there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff