Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I've been looking into changing to apple products now that im in love with them. and I have some questions about the iMac.

1: Where is the tower?
2: is there any CD drives?
3: how do I upgrade RAM, Graphics and Memory?
4: What does the iMac Mini do?
5: how do I add multiple monitors?
imac?
are you talking about the monitors or system units that were available in various colors/flavors?

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
FUJI5
imac?
are you talking about the monitors or system units that were available in various colors/flavors?

no, the new mac's that are out.

Shy Gaian

Sugar Sylveon
I've been looking into changing to apple products now that im in love with them. and I have some questions about the iMac.

The answers are to my best knowledge of the iMacs

1. There is no tower, it's an all in one.

2. There is no CD drives on the newest iMacs, if you wanted one you'll need to buy an external CD drive which connects via USB.

3. To upgrade the RAM there is a panel you take off and removing and installing is very easy. As for the Graphics and Memory i'm not sure, i assume you can but i don't know.

4. The Mac Mini dose the same as the iMac but doesn't offer as much customization to the graphics and processor.

5. If you buy an Apple Thunderbolt Display, you can connect it to either the iMac or Mac Mini via Thunderbolt port on the back of the computer. If your display has a different connection (VGA or HDMI) you'll need to buy an adapter to connect those types of displays.

I hope my knowledge of the iMacs helps you out.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
SexyLatino
2. There is no CD drives on the newest iMacs, if you wanted one you'll need to buy an external CD drive which connects via USB.

I'm gonna add to this.

I've used some of the newer Macs that don't have CD drives. You do need get an external CD drive that connects with USB. However, I don't recommend buying the Apple external CD drive. The price is way jacked up. I've used other devices (Samsung I think?) that perform the same functions for under half the price.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
SexyLatino
Sugar Sylveon

3. To upgrade the RAM there is a panel you take off and removing and installing is very easy. As for the Graphics and Memory i'm not sure, i assume you can but i don't know.

4. The Mac Mini dose the same as the iMac but doesn't offer as much customization to the graphics and processor.

5. If you buy an Apple Thunderbolt Display, you can connect it to either the iMac or Mac Mini via Thunderbolt port on the back of the computer. If your display has a different connection (VGA or HDMI) you'll need to buy an adapter to connect those types of displays.

thanks!^^

Shy Gaian

Sugar Sylveon
SexyLatino
Sugar Sylveon

thanks!^^
Your welcome!
SexyLatino
Sugar Sylveon

It's worth noting that on the new iMacs, the RAM is only upgradeable on the 27" iMac. The RAM can NOT be upgraded on the 21" version.
The graphics card is soldered to the logic board and cannot be replaced.
The hard drive can be replaced as follow: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+21.5-Inch+EMC+2805+Hard+Drive+Replacement/27886 (there's also one for the 27" version)

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Roy Cura
SexyLatino

I'm gonna add to this.

I've used some of the newer Macs that don't have CD drives. You do need get an external CD drive that connects with USB. However, I don't recommend buying the Apple external CD drive. The price is way jacked up. I've used other devices (Samsung I think?) that perform the same functions for under half the price.

Now you're just trying to cheat the OP of the apple experience. Point of apple products/hardware is paying extra for a symbol of an apple with a bite out of it on their equipment >.<
Roy Cura

I don't recommend buying the Apple external CD drive. The price is way jacked up

Oh, it's only the external CD drive from Apple that has jacked up prices? Not EVERY Apple product ever then.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Miragen
Roy Cura

I don't recommend buying the Apple external CD drive. The price is way jacked up

Oh, it's only the external CD drive from Apple that has jacked up prices? Not EVERY Apple product ever then.

xd gotta point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces