Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Even though Im best at killing Viruses with the help of MalwareBytes, and Temp foldering,

I need help on discovering this error.

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

One of My family's Laptop is disconnecting everyone who uses the Network its logged in.

Lets say Computer A Is on the internet playing MC.
Laptop B is turned on. After using Google Chrome, it disconnects everyone on the network; Usually causing the Internet Router to restart.

So... Whats with this problem?
Ancient Wing
Even though Im best at killing Viruses with the help of MalwareBytes, and Temp foldering,

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

One of My family's Laptop is disconnecting everyone who uses the Network its logged in.

Laptop B is turned on. After using Google Chrome, it disconnects everyone on the network; Usually causing the Internet Router to restart.

uh, do you use them to download any thing?

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
The laptop being accused has been disconnecting every person who is using the network.

That Laptop, while it's in the family, it's downloads and program usage are confidential. (Unfortunately, I KNOW the user goes on to those sites stressed )

So... is it mostly a worm he caught making the network disconnect?

Also:

There's a second laptop being accused also.
However, Unlike the previous laptop, It doesn't go to those kinds of sites. burning_eyes

So in a nutshell.

LaptopA's Download history and Browsing History is confidential, and Cannot be viewed by me.

LaptopB, while it's also confidential, I cannot use to check it throughly, although I know it's PC Defender(?) causing that laptop's problem.

Aged Werewolf

how is the router setup? static or dhcp, any ports opened?
update router firmware.

When the laptop is on try unplug it's connection instead of restarting the router. Does the internet still work or do you need to restart the router?

it's possible the laptop is a zombie computer and sends heaps of data which hogs up the bandwidth.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Ancient Wing

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

MC?

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
felinoel
Ancient Wing

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

MC?

Minecraft. But its not important. But it's one of my detecting if I disconnected.

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
neodraconum
how is the router setup? static or dhcp, any ports opened?
update router firmware.

When the laptop is on try unplug it's connection instead of restarting the router. Does the internet still work or do you need to restart the router?

it's possible the laptop is a zombie computer and sends heaps of data which hogs up the bandwidth.

1. Don't know

2. Doesn't work.

3. Now how can I see that...

Aged Werewolf

if you unplugged the laptop connection when it's on and the problem occurs and the problem still exist then it's not a bandwidth hog problem.

I'm leaning towards a router setting problem or it's a hardware issue of overheating for the router. Do you have good ventilation for the router, how hot does the adapter get?
@Ancient Wing, instead of using acronyms please actually state that it's "minecraft" before hand. Have you tried accessing your gateway to look at your logs?

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Ancient Wing
felinoel
Ancient Wing

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

MC?

Minecraft. But its not important. But it's one of my detecting if I disconnected.
lol that is what I thought, awesome what server do you use? razz

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Maybe a network overload? Try getting a new router or taking it into a shop to ask them about the amount of people that can use it.
What are the network settings on that computer?

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Ancient Wing

Is this a Worm?
Is this a Virus?

Wait you said the router itself restarts? Not just the internet connection? Make sure that you have the update router firmware. Also, you can try using this tool, "Advance System Care" that will help you detect any malware from that laptop. Let me know your results.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html
Our family had similar problems. We'd all be online, then one computer would get on (it was generally our multimedia computer), and everyone would be disconnected. The thing that worked best for us was to buy a more powerful router than could handle more computers. My problem doesn't sound exactly like yours, but that's what we did. We ended up buying a small business class router, since we have so many laptops and smartphones/iPods and stuff.

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Tesarect
Our family had similar problems. We'd all be online, then one computer would get on (it was generally our multimedia computer), and everyone would be disconnected. The thing that worked best for us was to buy a more powerful router than could handle more computers. My problem doesn't sound exactly like yours, but that's what we did. We ended up buying a small business class router, since we have so many laptops and smartphones/iPods and stuff.

This would be our alternative, but Considering how old the router is (Yes, it's a 2Wire, claimed by one of my siblings its VERY old.) and the Speed it has is just 70ish KB per second...

I am suspecting that computer is using High bandiwidth, but its a legal Assume.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff