Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lunatic

What is the problem if you set up the wifi with the password just fine on your I pad one, but it wont get on the internet? I got onto the wifi just fine but when I click on safari it just gives me that "loading circle" and never loads- even if i wait for an hour.

Please help sad

INB4 "wtf do you have an ipad one for" cuz it's my grandmothers and she cant upgrade.

Thank you for your ideas. 3nodding
the password isn't in the ipad, it's on the wifi, consult your router's manual.

Wheezing Lunatic

Sen Natsu

We don't have the manual that came with the ipad. I did put in her password into her Ipad and it gave me a check mark so I assumed it was right. Do you have any recommended sites for this type of problem so I can read up on it? I've only found stuff for the newer Ipads.
thetikignat hozergnat
Sen Natsu

We don't have the manual that came with the ipad.
I did not say anythign about the ipad's manual, I said look at the ROUTER'S manual.
Quote:
I did put in her password into her Ipad and it gave me a check mark so I assumed it was right. Do you have any recommended sites for this type of problem so I can read up on it? I've only found stuff for the newer Ipads.
I'd reccomend looking for the wifi password in the wifi router using the wifi router's manual, or a ballpoint pen to reset it and remove the password.

Wheezing Lunatic

Sen Natsu
thetikignat hozergnat
Sen Natsu

We don't have the manual that came with the ipad.
I did not say anythign about the ipad's manual, I said look at the ROUTER'S manual.
Quote:
I did put in her password into her Ipad and it gave me a check mark so I assumed it was right. Do you have any recommended sites for this type of problem so I can read up on it? I've only found stuff for the newer Ipads.
I'd reccomend looking for the wifi password in the wifi router using the wifi router's manual, or a ballpoint pen to reset it and remove the password.

Sorry- didn't know what a router was-thought it was part of the iPad .-. I'm horrible with technology. So there are separate passwords for the wifi and for the router? We have what it is to log onto the wifi. If I understand correctly then, there are two passwords, and if I want to get the second one (for the router) and if we have no idea what that is, we can reset it by pushing a reset button on it and then following the prompts on her apple desktop to reset the password? then when that's done do we just use the regular wifi password to get internet access on her iPad 1? Thanks for your patience- I appreciate the help ._.
thetikignat hozergnat

Sorry- didn't know what a router was-thought it was part of the iPad .-. I'm horrible with technology. So there are separate passwords for the wifi and for the router?

A router is a small box that routes the internet to different devices, and would also hold the password for the wifi since it also broadcasts a wifi signal.

Quote:
We have what it is to log onto the wifi. If I understand correctly then, there are two passwords, and if I want to get the second one (for the router) and if we have no idea what that is, we can reset it by pushing a reset button on it and then following the prompts on her apple desktop to reset the password? then when that's done do we just use the regular wifi password to get internet access on her iPad 1? Thanks for your patience- I appreciate the help ._.

there is only one password, for the router, which is what broadcasts the wifi signal.
Go to run on your start button,then in the run box put in cmd.Then a black window should pop up.Put ipconfig all one word.Then the gateway ip copy it to note pad and then opening the internet on a computer on that network.That should open the router so u can change the password if u want. Or any way open the user name and password the rest it is up to u.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff