Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
This has been bugging me for years now. I checked the Done to Death FAQ but I can't find it there.
How do you do livestreaming of drawing on the computer... sweatdrop probably not saying it right..

When people draw on livestream on their computer how do they actually do that?
How do you record your screen during a livestream?
How can you get the best results/quality?

^_^: Any help as always is appreciated.
step 1: set up livestream.
step 2: draw.

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Yuki the Third
step 1: set up livestream.
step 2: draw.

You don't need a program for it?
You do. Livestream is the program.

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Yuki the Third
You do. Livestream is the program.

Oh damn.. So how would I get the best results with it?
As far as like .. the quality of the stream?
well, the quality of the stream is determined by your upload speed.
You can check your download/upload speed by going to Speedtest.net. It's an applet that checks your upload and download speeds by pinging a nearby server (basically throwing a virtual baseball to it and from it and measuring how long it takes to get there). Livestream's system requirements (which I found by Googling "recommended upload speed for livestream" ) requires you have at least 700Kbps of upload bandwidth. (Bandwidth is how much information your computer can export and/or import at once. Think of it like a hose: Hoses that are bigger across can transport more water than itty bitty hoses. Kbps stands for kilobits per second, a measure of how much digital information your computer can transmit per second. 700 kilobytes is not much, so you CAN stream with relatively slow internet.) However, it does recommend you have the ability to stream 1500Kbps at once--bigger hose, more water. If you end up being able to upload more than 1500 kilobits per second, awesome, it'll run better for you overall.

Another note: Speedtest may give you results back in terms of Mbps: megabits per second. One megabit is just about 1000 kilobits. So, like, with my Speedtest result of 7.18Mbps, I can convert that to Kbps by multiplying it by 1000. This gives me an estimated upload speed of 7180Kbps. Don't get freaked out if your upload speed is much lower; my school's Internet connection is wicked fast. 3nodding

Another another note: Check how much RAM you have. RAM stands for random access memory, which basically is a measure of how many things your computer can do at once. Livestream requires 4GBs of RAM (that's gigabytes, with a y, about 8000 times bigger than our megabit, with an i). You can check how much RAM you have in your Control Panel if you're running Windows. I don't know how to check on a Mac. sweatdrop

Hope this helps! Good luck! heart

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Ninee
You can check your download/upload speed by going to Speedtest.net. It's an applet that checks your upload and download speeds by pinging a nearby server (basically throwing a virtual baseball to it and from it and measuring how long it takes to get there). Livestream's system requirements (which I found by Googling "recommended upload speed for livestream" ) requires you have at least 700Kbps of upload bandwidth. (Bandwidth is how much information your computer can export and/or import at once. Think of it like a hose: Hoses that are bigger across can transport more water than itty bitty hoses. Kbps stands for kilobits per second, a measure of how much digital information your computer can transmit per second. 700 kilobytes is not much, so you CAN stream with relatively slow internet.) However, it does recommend you have the ability to stream 1500Kbps at once--bigger hose, more water. If you end up being able to upload more than 1500 kilobits per second, awesome, it'll run better for you overall.

Another note: Speedtest may give you results back in terms of Mbps: megabits per second. One megabit is just about 1000 kilobits. So, like, with my Speedtest result of 7.18Mbps, I can convert that to Kbps by multiplying it by 1000. This gives me an estimated upload speed of 7180Kbps. Don't get freaked out if your upload speed is much lower; my school's Internet connection is wicked fast. 3nodding

Another another note: Check how much RAM you have. RAM stands for random access memory, which basically is a measure of how many things your computer can do at once. Livestream requires 4GBs of RAM (that's gigabytes, with a y, about 8000 times bigger than our megabit, with an i). You can check how much RAM you have in your Control Panel if you're running Windows. I don't know how to check on a Mac. sweatdrop

Hope this helps! Good luck! heart

emotion_bigheart Thank you so much emotion_bigheart

Thats what I needed to know ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out