Welcome to Gaia! ::

My computer refuses to play any music. When I try to open a sound file I get an error message that says:

"Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available or the hardware is not responding."

I clicked Details, and it said that my soundcard is messed up. How would I go about fixing this? =\

Thanks!

--Debsi
We need more information, such as operating system, and model of sound card, before we can help you further, other than telling you to reinstall the sound card drivers.
Quote:
We need more information, such as operating system, and model of sound card, before we can help you further, other than telling you to reinstall the sound card drivers.

Wow I am computer retarded. I'm using XP, and I have nooo idea what my sound card model is.
If you're using a pre-built computer from a mass producer, like Dell, HP/Compaq, or eMachines. you are probably using the onboard sound card. Please go to the manufacturer's website, look for the Support/Drivers link, and follow the screens, inputting information as needed. Download the driver, and install it.
Quote:
If you're using a pre-built computer from a mass producer, like Dell, HP/Compaq, or eMachines. you are probably using the onboard sound card. Please go to the manufacturer's website, look for the Support/Drivers link, and follow the screens, inputting information as needed. Download the driver, and install it.
Thank you so much.
Downloading the drivers should help. When they come factory installed they dont seem to always work. You should always just check your settings before so that you dont have to buy a new sound card.
Blech...onboard sound. *shakes head sadly*
Onboard anything really kills performance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff