Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
there's nothing wrong with my internet plugged into my computer but as soon as i use something wireless such as my, consoles, smartphone and my laptop i get a horrible connection.

my internet speed at home is 100mb and it feels like i get 5mb whenever i use one of my wireless devices. gonk
When it comes to wireless troubleshooting, there's a lot of factors. In order for any of us to accurately troubleshoot this, we'll need to know more.

- What's your living situation? (Apartments, house, etc...)
- Does it happen throughout the entire place, or in specific rooms?
- How long have you been having this issue?
- How old is your router?
- Do you have a lot of users?
- Is it possible that unauthorized users are on your network?

That'd be a good start.

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lraushtsen
When it comes to wireless troubleshooting, there's a lot of factors. In order for any of us to accurately troubleshoot this, we'll need to know more.

That'd be a good start.

I live alone in a very small apartment, my router is about 4 meters away from my bed located under my desk.

I'm not sure i haven't checked and have no intention of doing so since i live in a very small apartment, one living room, restroom and a kitchen!

i'd say this has been an issue since november, it worked fine before that. then it suddenly plummeted down to about 5-10 mb.

my router is 2 years old i think, it's pretty modern!

nope i live alone so i am the only user!

i don't think there are any unauthorized users on my network, i have a password for my router!
Japantsu
Lraushtsen

That'd be a good start.

I live alone in a very small apartment, my router is about 4 meters away from my bed located under my desk.

I'm not sure i haven't checked and have no intention of doing so since i live in a very small apartment, one living room, restroom and a kitchen!

i'd say this has been an issue since november, it worked fine before that. then it suddenly plummeted down to about 5-10 mb.

my router is 2 years old i think, it's pretty modern!

nope i live alone so i am the only user!

i don't think there are any unauthorized users on my network, i have a password for my router!

If you live in an apartment, than broadcast interference is something you need to worry about. The 2.4Ghz channels are used in common consumer routers. That being said, you probably don't have a lot of channel availability in your home. That, or someone is using a wireless printer. (Seriously hate those things.)

"Smart" routers will do one of two things to improve wireless network performance.

1. They will change channels to one with less interference

2. They will get 'louder' (which is the most common of the two)

You could download an wifi analyzer on your mobile device to see what SSIDs are being broadcasted around you and what channels they're broadcasting on. Then you can change the channel your router uses.

Alternatively, you can broadcast on the 5Ghz channel. Keep in mind that not all network endpoints are equipped to use the 5Ghz channel range, so using that may prevent some of your devices from connecting at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff