Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

I need to put together a collage for my homework in MS paint, and i don't know how big to make it.
Well, figure 72 dpi.
(8.5x72)width
(11x72)height
You break out the calculator, I'm lazy and tired.
72 dpi is a low end estimate for computers. That would look awful on paper. Typical low end print resolution is 300 dpi. It still won't look good, but it'll be acceptable.

That's 2550 by 3300 pixels.
About 800 wide by 1200 tall in MS Word default magnification. If you have one of those Radius monitors and a video card that supports rotating the monitor between landscape (default wide) and portrait (alternate tall) modes, you might be able to work with a full page on screen. People with 53cm (21 inch) diagonal monitors who use 1600 by 1200 resolution should be able to work with 2 21.5cm by 28cm (8.5 by 11 inch) pages side by side.
ChouchoCelia
72 dpi is a low end estimate for computers. That would look awful on paper. Typical low end print resolution is 300 dpi. It still won't look good, but it'll be acceptable.

That's 2550 by 3300 pixels.

72dpi is the standard pic resolution when using on a computer, when you print it at 300dpi it generally gets smaller, not grainier(unless the printer receves the Hight width in inches not dpi)

as a default resolution i'd say 600dpi. as this is considered the default print resolution for almost every home printer.

now if this collage is going to be many 8 1/2 by 11 images placed together, then you will quickly run into Paint's usability limits, pobally far before you rin into it's memory limits(and your computers)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff