Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know there are places like ez board and stuff where you can make your own forum off of there but how do you just make one on ur own with html codes and all that good stuff. 'Cuz I don't really wanna have to sign up for any membership to any place to make forums I just wanna make one myself for my site. Does anyone know how?
its a million times easyer to sign up. else u wud have to code it from scratch to ur own specification.

i made my website from code buut even i wudnt create a forum from scratch
If your server has PHP/MySQL enabled, you could install phpBB, the forum system that Gaia is based off of. Link at bottom of every single page.
There is no easy way to make a forum, unless you are very skilled at PHP and SQL tables, but if your host supports MYSQL and PHP, you can get PHPBB, nothing to sign up for. 3nodding Or if you want to pay, you can get IBP, even though I don't see why it is better then PHPBB.
carrot_fudge
There is no easy way to make a forum, unless you are very skilled at PHP and SQL tables, but if your host supports MYSQL and PHP, you can get PHPBB, nothing to sign up for. 3nodding Or if you want to pay, you can get IBP, even though I don't see why it is better then PHPBB.

it isn't *that* hard to make a php board, from scratch, even including your own mySQL DB... red-i3 did it in about 150 lines of code if i recall...PM him and ask if he will show you what he did.
Foolish
carrot_fudge

it isn't *that* hard to make a php board, from scratch, even including your own mySQL DB... red-i3 did it in about 150 lines of code if i recall...PM him and ask if he will show you what he did.
Really, cool, I would like to see what he did.
buy solaris phpBB kit.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
While you CAN make your own from scratch, half the time it's just easier to take someone else's work (phpbb, yabb, invision (not free anymore), or something of the like), and just mod the heck out of it.

Since you're probably not familiar with hosting your own board, I'd try that approach first, since you tend to get a better idea how things work when you insanely modify something that already exists, than building one from scratch.

ON THE OTHER HAND, building one from scratch isn't all too bad either, but if you're asking this type of question, I wouldn't recommend it wink
carrot_fudge

PHPbb is very easy to set up and there are loads of theme and smilie sets, etc. that you can add.
It won't work on most free hosts(and even if it does your bandwidth limit will probably be too small) though so you need a domain or someone with a domain who will host your forum.

Forums are a dogs a** to run, I prefer to sign up for other peoples xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces