Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sitwon
I'm still waiting on that book.
We'll see about that.
mluck24
Hello, all!

So i'm trying to get into programming as like, a hobby. Hobby meaning not something to take over my life but something fun to do that could earn me some extra cash or a raise or something idk.

My inspiration really is flappy bird, where he said he made it in a few evenings and made about $50,000 a day.

I've done matlab, although I was terrible at it for my foundations of engineering class here at University of South Florida. I also made two scratch games, one where you had to catch the scratch cat but everytime he disappeared somewhere else and you had 10 seconds to get as many taps. Then I made another one, for an english project, where you were the scratch cat and there were 3 floating boxes of cigarettes trying to tag you, and when they were on you, your life drained away.

But i understand, scratch isn't really programming.

So I've done the hour of code on code.org which was more scratch, and I've started watching a free lecture series on programming from MIT shown here. But What I want to know is, how did you learn? Or if you are like me and wanting to learn, how will you do it?
from what i am told using linux when you program is also a very good way to use what you know and keep using it so that you do not forget.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff