Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you get your hotmail upgrade from 2 MB to 250 MB?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 24, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Ok, I know it has been a while since all hotmail users were supposed to get better antivirus protection, and an upgrade from teh crappy 2 MB to 250MB...also I heard we were supposed to get a calendar (whatever that is for) the thing is, I have a calendar (never used it) i have antivirus, but I dont have my 250 MB....I know the updates where not done alphebetically cuz a girl with a e mail starting with "a" had the same problem...and maybe is done geographically?....the thing is..my cousin lives in the same city (Houston, TX) and she got it and I didnt...but I believe at the time she got it my hotmail account was still registered in MExico (where I opened it ) ... I also sent an e mail to customer support and no response...somebody help??? gonk
i think mine has been upgraded for at least 2 months now...
waste of time. Hotmail's really insecure and you get spam like crazy

I have Gmail, 1gig of storage and free
Yeah. It's been a while. My reaction: "Whooo. 248 more meg for Microsoft and the rest to throw JUNK into. Yay."
Quote:
Yeah. It's been a while. My reaction: "Whooo. 248 more meg for Microsoft and the rest to throw JUNK into. Yay."

~_^ well yeah...I know may people are scornful towards hotmails insecurity...but so far it has given me no problem in security, becasue i have my filter set so that i only receive mail from my contacts and i check my junk mail everyday to make sure nothing slips off in there...I would love to get g-mail...but I cant....Once you have had an e mail account for 5 years, is impossible top change it....there is no way i can notify everyone of such change...is like....opening a business, paying for a yellow page, have customers for over 5 years, and then suddenly change the phone number....
Forwarding. You can set forwarding in hotmail to ship to a gmail account. I have yahoo, hotmail, and gmail. They all have their uses. Most people know one or two of them from me.
Hey,

Just set youre settings in hotmaoil to united states , california and pick a postcode
set language to english and log out of youre hotmail account.
Deactivate youre hotmail and login again
and then you have 250 mb mail box (-;

Regards,

Maas
Quote:
Hey,

Just set youre settings in hotmaoil to united states , california and pick a postcode
set language to english and log out of youre hotmail account.
Deactivate youre hotmail and login again
and then you have 250 mb mail box (-;

Regards,

Maas

Thank you so very much...it really did work...yay!!!!!! biggrin ....teh language was already in english, I never said i had it in spanish..lol
yea its great ive had mine for a month
hotmail is trying to compete and keep its users i guess. anyone know if they've increased that attachment MB?

yahoo now is 250 too. and gmail is even better, im using gmail, but the features arent as much as yahoo. but u cant say its bad. 1 gig is awsome
yes they made the attachment size, i can remember but they said it in one of the emails.
I use g-mail. Faster and better.
i still perfer gmail personaly ... mainly because it has TRUE pop3 mail support which really comes in handy for people like me that want to use a email program thats text based
wow, u losers still have 1gb of storage... i have2 that i got on hotmail via my Verizon provider, comes bundled to give u a hotmail of 1gb and now it double since the upgrade...
Quote:
wow, u losers still have 1gb of storage... i have2 that i got on hotmail via my Verizon provider, comes bundled to give u a hotmail of 1gb and now it double since the upgrade...
wanna get technical I got a 1 gig buffer with an 11 gig hard save I offload all mail off gmail onto my personal server

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff