Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zio the Black Magician
The only time you should ever do what you're talking about doing is if you're 100% certain you only have broadband visitors. Downloading a multi-megabyte MP3 file is murder on any 56ker who stumbles across your site.

If you know for a fact that anyone and everyone visiting your site will have DSL or cable, fine, go right ahead and do it, copyright be damned.

But don't expect dial-up users to be making frequent stops by your little corner of the web.

Totally agree... but .... wait....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... 56kers!!!!! Muahahahaha, I say be damned with that. It should be illegal to own a 56k modem, honestly... dead technology right there... the way of the floppy drive, or the 8-track really... but yeah, your right. Not only that, but think of how annoying music will be when someone goes to the site... In my opinion, I'd just make a link to d/l the musicfile itself that way it gives the user a choise. Or put in pause control... but that's still annoying... blah... Just my opinion tho... just ignore me if you like smile most do hahaha razz
HelixFelix
It should be illegal to own a 56k modem, honestly.

Yeah. Being poor should be made f*cking illegal. Asshat.

Anyway, to the point of this thread; forget about using the embed code, everybody here is right about how it will get you into whole heaps of trouble (not just with "the man", but with people who refuse to stick around poorly designed sites).
HelixFelix

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... 56kers!!!!! Muahahahaha, I say be damned with that. It should be illegal to own a 56k modem, honestly... dead technology right there... the way of the floppy drive, or the 8-track really... but yeah, your right. Not only that, but think of how annoying music will be when someone goes to the site... In my opinion, I'd just make a link to d/l the musicfile itself that way it gives the user a choise. Or put in pause control... but that's still annoying... blah... Just my opinion tho... just ignore me if you like smile most do hahaha razz

That was unnecessary, unneeded, and totally uncalled for.

Just because you're going to be living with your folks for the rest of your life, while they slave away to feed your lazy a** and to pay the broadband bill, doesn't mean you have to be a p***k to the less fortunate.

I'm going to be looking at a full-time job, just so I can have something to eat, along with the people that I live with. I'm fortunate enough that I can even get online at home (thank God for free dialup service), and that I live close enough to my college to appreciate its multiple T3 lines.

Aged Lunatic

HelixFelix

Please do not post smart remarks, either post a helpful on-topic reply or do not post one at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff