Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I can't seem to find a Free Webhost that allows .mp3 format.

I've tried:
Brinkster
Freewebs [Allows it, but doesn't seem to work]
Geocities [Won't upload; Gives 'Cannot find Page']
Bravenet
</center>
<center>Post. ;/</center>
You could host them yourself by dedicating an older machine as a web server. You could also rename the files so the webhosts don't know about it being an MP3.

Also uploading copyrighted songs as MP3 files is illegal, and most webhosts don't allow it.
<center>I'm not sure I can change the format. I had a program to do that but now I can't seem to find it. ;/</center>
DBpowerAMP will convert, with the proper codecs, if you need it.
Just so you know, your font color and type is very annoying, I have to highlight it to read it.

If you're using Windows, just make it so you can see file extensions, and rename the last three letters as something else. Just tell your visitors when they download to change it back.
<center>Mmm. I'll try.

@Skye: Sorry. sweatdrop Is this better?
</center>
Much.

What kind of MP3 files are you planning on providing?
<center>I found a program that MIGHT change the format, Microsoft Media Editor, But I need a Product Key code.. >.></center>
Sorry, we can't give you that. It'd be against the ToS and the Forum Rules.

Try looking on SourceForge for Audio convertors.
<center>XO Nevermind. I'm trying DBPowerAMP. Thanks Skye and Death_Scythe. ;3
</center>

1,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The reason a lot of Webhosts disallow it is to stop illegal file sharing. You'll be lucky to find any that do. The best bet is to start your own webserver, but I strongly suggest if you want to share these with other people not to.
Here is a site that you can host LEGAL MP3s, but you will get in trouble if you host illegal s**t. You get 500mb of space, and tons of other stuff too. Enjoy!!! Oh you don't have to post in the forums, except to request your hosting!
xhilaration
<center>I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I can't seem to find a Free Webhost that allows .mp3 format.

I've tried:
Brinkster
Bravenet
</center>

http://50megs.com
jmdl1983
xhilaration

I've tried:
Brinkster
Bravenet
</center>

http://50megs.com

Um, dude... That has a 250 KB file size limit. How the hell are you supposed to upload MP3s with that limt?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff