Welcome to Gaia! ::

OK, here's the cinch:
I have a fuji film camera, (i got from japan, which my uncle gave me), and when i turned it on........it's all purple, and fuzzy.

Other camera questions: what does that "flower" symbol mean? and that thunder looking icon with an arrow?
Don't know what the flower might be, is it grouped with any other symbols? It might mean close-up mode.

The lightning bolt with an arrow means flash.
yes, the flower is macro mode, for shooting pictures with subjects closer than four inches or so.

what model camera is it? i have a s7000 and i love it.
It is possible that the LCD screen for the camera became damaged in transit. If it is under warrenty, you should be able to return it and get a new one of the same model.

If not, I'd suggest memorizing the menu layouts, and learn how to effeciently use the view finder.
If the LCD were damaged, part, or the whole of the display would be black. Yet another thing it sucks to have learned firsthand.
Raijin Z
If the LCD were damaged, part, or the whole of the display would be black. Yet another thing it sucks to have learned firsthand.

Raijin, quit it. I hate to be the C&T Police Department right now, but your remarks arn't needed to help the problem.

If it's all purple, the thing could be damaged with the green shades being offed somehow. So it's a possibility it could be a defect.

Aged Lunatic

Raijin Z

If you cannot provide a helpful response, do not reply at all, its a waste of database space which is unfortunatly running low again.

And on-topic, the best bet with digital camera's are to return them to the place you bought them or to a service shop, as those are usually quite difficult to self-repair as its most of the time a problem that needs certain tools.
i can't return it......it's from japan..and my uncle went back to japan.
i think you people are right....there's something wrong with the lense, because my friend looked at it and said the lense were oily.

but why is it fuzzy? crying and purle? crying
i think you people are right....there's something wrong with the lense, because my friend looked at it and said the lense were oily.

Aged Lunatic

kyokitty91

Most likely something could have been spilt on it, it could have been close to a high heat that dis-coloured the lens. That tis why I recommend atleast taking it to a shop that can fix it, as they will need to replace the lens, which is something you cant quite do alone.
i went to radio shack the other day, and found a smart media card for $74.
is there anyother place that sells them cheap?
I'm thinking compusa, circuit city, walmart, .......do you guys know the prices for these places or have better places in mind?
After i cleaned the lens with rubbing alcohol, it works again biggrin ..............sort of crying ........... it turns puple and fuzzy when i raise the camera up high, but it works at other angles.......what's wrong??????? crying
OK yea your camera i think has a problem. You might need to send it to the manufacture for a refurb.

This will cost money but it will give you a refurbished camera for cheaper then you would have to buy a new one.

I learned this from Bestbuy when I bought my Sony DSC-P100 (Which I absolutly LOVE) I bought it for $350 and I would have to send it in for a refurb and it would cost around $200

Best thing you can do is call the manufacture and see. Also the little flower does mean Macro/Close Up Focusing. Sometimes that will provent the camera from focusing right.
kyokitty91
After i cleaned the lens with rubbing alcohol, it works again biggrin ..............sort of crying ........... it turns puple and fuzzy when i raise the camera up high, but it works at other angles.......what's wrong??????? crying

It sounds like there are loose connections inside of your camera. Taking it to a camera shop or a shop like that that does repairs would be in your best interest. They should be able to reseat the connections.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff