Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just fyi, your ip is not an instant gate into your computer, The procedure basically sends a bit of information to your modem, then calculates the amount of time it takes.

Also, your ip is collected and used everytime you do something so simple as making a post on gaia, I can look at my webserver and see everyones ip address for the past 2 years if necessary, but that doesn't make me a hacker. Your call, but jmdl is only trying to help.

Aged Lunatic

Alpha Force
no i don't

You did not say if you have your system behind a router or firewall yet, do you have either of those?
no i dont. i have windows firewall from SP2, and that's it. no routers.

Aged Lunatic

Alpha Force
no i dont. i have windows firewall from SP2, and that's it. no routers.

Well, I doubt that the firewall in SP2 is much of a problem, but they still can limit internet a littlebit when it comes to speed.

Have you made sure you have no spyware running in the background, as your system can only have as much speed on the internet as it can process through the NIC.
i scan w/ Ad-Aware and Norton AntiVirus everyday. nothing.

Aged Lunatic

Alpha Force
i scan w/ Ad-Aware and Norton AntiVirus everyday. nothing.

Well, its possible its the NIC card, get something like Fresh UI, which allows you to enable the onboard NIC processor to get more power.
wat is the NIC card?

4,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I was having a lot of problems with my cable modem. I seriously had the cable company out 7 times in one month to my house. A lot of the problem it seems was to many splits in the cable for the modem to get a positive signal. They ended up taking a cable all the way from my room into the attic so it could directly go into the splitter and an amplifier so it could get a positive cable connection.

So call your cable company, be nice but if you call them enough something will get done, because they want your money in the long run.
wow tht is wierd? xp

Aged Lunatic

Alpha Force
wat is the NIC card?

The Network Interface Card, what you plug your cable into.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff