Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, I've had it for two years, only used for a year and a half. Um, the right hinge sometimes stops half way when I opened it, tonight and its making some clicking sounds. Is it about to break? I am worried to death right now, I am very careful how I use it and everything.
Cannot know without opening the hinge up.
Who would I take it to and is it usually lots of money? I had terrible sleep last night, chest has been aching, feel like puking over this. Can the Acer company deal with it?

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Super Super Mario
Who would I take it to and is it usually lots of money? I had terrible sleep last night, chest has been aching, feel like puking over this. Can the Acer company deal with it?

Take it to one of your local shops, preferably one of the small shops with few employees. They tend to be the most honest and will quite often look at situations like yours without charging you anything.

Considering the age of the computer, Acer will probably charge you an arm and a leg for service unless you have an extended warranty.
The issue hasn't happened today think I'm out of the woods or will it reoccur? I've opened and closed it at least 15 times.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Super Super Mario
The issue hasn't happened today think I'm out of the woods or will it reoccur? I've opened and closed it at least 15 times.

I hate to say it, but there is no way we can know. Given the nature of this physical issue we'd have to personally witness it to say anything effective on the matter.

I was serious, take it to one of the smaller local shops around you and ask their thoughts. Nearly every small shop I've ever talked with has been more than willing to answer your questions and even do a quick diagnosis without charging you a dime. This is something that could only take up a couple minutes of their time, and if they feel the issue is serious enough to start charging you for most small shop owners are very honest.
Super Super Mario
As Saruwatari noted, we can't really know without looking at it. Taking it to someone would be your best option.

What I can offer is that most laptops have their hinges secured by internal and (sometimes) externally accessible screws. If an external screw (in the bottom corners of your laptop) is loose that could allow the hinge to move slightly. That could mean it is rubbing against internal plastics or something, especially if both the internal and external screws are loose.

This is just broad speculation, but if any external screws are loose you could try tightening them. Don't over-tighten them. Don't use a power drill. But this could be as simple as tightening some screws.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff