Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Stalker

I'm trying to upgrade a very old desktop pc. It uses rdram, and I've read that it usually runs quite hot compared to sdram.

My questions are:
1) would a heatsink be necessary/recommended if upgrading the ram? (I'm assuming yes.)
and
2) Would a memory heatsink that's designed for sdram be compatible with rdram? (If not, where can I find something that would work? gonk )
RDRAM usually comes with a heat sink over it anyways, so you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

Dangerous Stalker

l_Shamrock_l
RDRAM usually comes with a heat sink over it anyways, so you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

Ah, you're right. I didn't realize that. Thank you! heart
Zae
1) would a heatsink be necessary/recommended if upgrading the ram? (I'm assuming yes.)
Even if it weren't RDRAM and even if it didn't already have heat sinks, the answer would be "no."
Zae
2) Would a memory heatsink that's designed for sdram be compatible with rdram? (If not, where can I find something that would work? gonk )
Either it conducts heat or it does not. If it does conduct heat, it can function as a heat sink for anything. If it does not, then it is an insulator.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff