sorry for the late reply ;u;
can you give me the link for combofix?
hello toki
Jaydi Blaze

sorry for the late reply ;u;
can you give me the link for combofix?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix
Jaydi Blaze

& How do I disable Avast? I googled it and followed the instructions but combofix says its still running.
Ookami J Cines
Wow, I got hit by this too recently... But as you see I'm on the air... Free of the virus... I recommend a wipe and reload of the Operating System as anti-malware doesn't seem to be enough to fix the problem in its entirety, even if it removes something. This redirect virus seems completely nullified and obliterated by a format of the hard drive. Best to backup everything you can, and if you don't know how to wipe and reload ask someone to help you. If you know how and don't have the proper disc that came with your system well things get tougher... Thankfully for me I was able to download and burn an ISO to a DVD for a system I legitimately own, Windows XP: Media Center Edition. If downloading a disc image isn't an option and you have no one close enough who can help you out for free then it's time to see if you can afford to pay a visit to an experienced technician at a local computer repair shop.

And I should of had Avast AVG [Anti-Virus Guard] installed. Don't trust Windows Defender guys, it's a lot worse and doesn't protect you like it should. By the way, it's not Google's fault at all, this Happili redirect virus has no affiliation with Google.com in any way, shape, or form (I come to this conclusion because it was my Yahoo.com searches that were being redirected because it). It is some idiot virus maker with no real life and too much time on their hands. They need to be silenced.

As we know symptoms of the virus include redirection, blocking of your internet to anywhere at all, and that's all I know. However, I noticed with AVG's shields up, internet becomes browse-able once again, but the redirect virus still tries to hijack your search entries. With the shield disabled and the virus still on your machine, internet is completely down on the infected system.

I hope this helps you, troubled one. ;3

Don't recommend a reformat for a malware infection. We still have other options.
Aven Donn

Oh the logical fallacies... You flat out said that viruses and spyware are entirely separate and that anti viruses wont clean spyware. You were wrong, I called you out. Stop making excuses. Hell you even said expecting an anti virus to deal with spyware is silly. You claimed sypware and viruses are entirely different things.

I usually won't stick up for Lanackse-Kanvae because I remember when she was new around here and some of her claims were entirely off-the-wall. Never-the-less, she's right. Viruses and spyware are two different things. Viruses, worms, rootkits, spyware, adware, trojans, and BHOs are all various types of malware, but inferring that they're all the same is like saying a sheep is a leopard because both are animals. Each various type of malware operates differently and are detected differently.

Most antivirus apps clean other critical forms of malware. Anti-spyware apps focus on spyware, adware, and BHOs. Most big name antimalware packages take care of everything, but if we're talking free software, sometimes it's a good idea to run separate rootkit and trojan detectors.
hello toki
Jaydi Blaze

& How do I disable Avast? I googled it and followed the instructions but combofix says its still running.
Easy: run it in safe mode, like you should have in the first place
hello toki
Jaydi Blaze

Right-click "Avast Antivirus" icon in the system tray.
Click on “Program Settings” and then click on “Troubleshooting”.
Place a tick next to "Disable Avast! Self-Defense Module".
Right-click on the Avast icon in the system tray and click “Stop On-Access Protection” .
Click "OK" to confirm and save changes.

Remember to do it again to re-enable after we clear up the malware problem.
GrimFusion
Aven Donn

Oh the logical fallacies... You flat out said that viruses and spyware are entirely separate and that anti viruses wont clean spyware. You were wrong, I called you out. Stop making excuses. Hell you even said expecting an anti virus to deal with spyware is silly. You claimed sypware and viruses are entirely different things.

I usually won't stick up for Lanackse-Kanvae because I remember when she was new around here and some of her claims were entirely off-the-wall. Never-the-less, she's right. Viruses and spyware are two different things. Viruses, worms, rootkits, spyware, adware, trojans, and BHOs are all various types of malware, but inferring that they're all the same is like saying a sheep is a leopard because both are animals. Each various type of malware operates differently and are detected differently.

Most antivirus apps clean other critical forms of malware. Anti-spyware apps focus on spyware, adware, and BHOs. Most big name antimalware packages take care of everything, but if we're talking free software, sometimes it's a good idea to run separate rootkit and trojan detectors.

The hell are you going on about? Yeah, not all viruses are spyware and not all spyware are viruses. But my original argument was that just because an anti virus is labled an anti virus, doesn't mean it can't catch spyware, because spyware comes in virus form as well. Lanackse's original argument was that anti-spyware catches spyware, anti-virus catches viruses. And insinuating there is no overlap and that spyware will never be caught by an anti-virus, which is flat out wrong.
Aven Donn
GrimFusion
Aven Donn

The hell are you going on about? Yeah, not all viruses are spyware and not all spyware are viruses. But my original argument was that just because an anti virus is labled an anti virus, doesn't mean it can't catch spyware, because spyware comes in virus form as well. Lanackse's original argument was that anti-spyware catches spyware, anti-virus catches viruses. And insinuating there is no overlap and that spyware will never be caught by an anti-virus, which is flat out wrong.

Spyware comes in virus form? What the cuff?
I think you're talking about compound malware. Like a rootkit that downloads a virus and a bunch of spyware. Antimalware apps still handle the rootkit, the virus, and the spyware separately.

Most antivirus apps do catch other critical forms of malware. I think Lanackse's point is that antimalware apps that focus on virus removal and aren't an all-in-one solutions probably aren't going to find or fix all instances of spyware or trojans. It's better to run freeware antispyware apps along-side as well.
All the fighting in the world won't cure the computer any quicker.
Jaydi Blaze

Okay, after it's done scanning, the malware/virus/whatever it is should be gone, right?
I think I was helping another user with about the same issue over in the Keyloggers and stuff thread. He just kinda jumped to conclusions and assumed he had a keylogger.

The only thing that seemed to help him was running HijackThis in safemode to remove malware entries that wouldn't delete under regular mode. I'm going to go pull up his results and play some comparison.
GrimFusion
I think I was helping another user with about the same issue over in the Keyloggers and stuff thread. He just kinda jumped to conclusions and assumed he had a keylogger.

The only thing that seemed to help him was running HijackThis in safemode to remove malware entries that wouldn't delete under regular mode. I'm going to go pull up his results and play some comparison.

It deleted the entries it wouldn't before yeah, but I still have redirects.

I'm going to make a reply to you on my thread. I'm trying to disable my avg soon. I read how you told her how to disable avast maybe that'll work for me but I do have that other problem I stated.

To Original Poster:

If you can/ are willing to [maybe you shouldn't idk] :

Type in google "do I have keylogger" and tell me if it redirects you to some site offering a keylogger download? If it does we like have the same virus or something?

Mine went to the happili thing too at first but doesn't seem to as much now...maybe I killed off that part idk...

If you fix it fully tell me?
Jaydi Blaze
gemini.iso from trend micro.

Uh... what? From what I knew, TrendMicro never produced a free LiveCD. Is this something I'm not aware of? If so, you should pass me a URL. Are there any reasons you'd use Gemini instead of Avira's AntiVir LiveCD?
T00NAMl

eh, once in a while it shows up. :>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas