Welcome to Gaia! ::

Every time I click on a google link, it sends me to some website called happili dot com. Then, when I go back and click on it again, it's the link it was supposed to go to before. How can I delete the 'happili' thing from my computer?
Apparantly it's a virus.

Help?

EDIT:
now it's a website called bestmarkstore.
W
T
F
Then, when I click back, it doesn't go back anymore. I have to close the tab.
http://www.superantispyware.com/sasportablehome.php

Run that, it's a spyware scanner that needs no install.
So a complete scan.

Also, what security do you use?
Jaydi Blaze
http://www.superantispyware.com/sasportablehome.php

Run that, it's a spyware scanner that needs no install.
So a complete scan.

Also, what security do you use?
Uhhhh. I use avast antivirus.
Good. This will scan for spyware.
Jaydi Blaze
Good. This will scan for spyware.
So do I still need to open the link above? Or do I use Avast?
What do I do? o_o
As I said, open the link, and use it to do a full scan.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Avast will do viruses, Superantispyware will do spyware.

Viruses and spyware are different though both are infectious asswipes.

Expecting an antivirus program to deal with spyware is like asking a polio vaccination to deal with tetanus. Both are diseases but both are completely different and require different vaccinations.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Avast will do viruses, Superantispyware will do spyware.

Viruses and spyware are different though both are infectious asswipes.

Expecting an antivirus program to deal with spyware is like asking a polio vaccination to deal with tetanus. Both are diseases but both are completely different and require different vaccinations.

Except Avast is a general anti virus and Superantispyware (I heard it sucks, but I don't know anything else. Malwarebytes is better from what I heard) is a specifically anti spyware antivirus. Viruses are called, malware. Malware is malicious software. Spyware is also a malware. So is adware. Etc etc.

So Avast might not get rid of it, but it's not like making your virus a spyware will somehow make it immune to Avast. Anti viruses don't work that way.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Aven Donn

Except Avast is a general anti virus and Superantispyware (I heard it sucks, but I don't know anything else. Malwarebytes is better from what I heard) is a specifically anti spyware antivirus. Viruses are called, malware. Malware is malicious software. Spyware is also a malware. So is adware. Etc etc.

So Avast might not get rid of it, but it's not like making your virus a spyware will somehow make it immune to Avast. Anti viruses don't work that way.

I was trying to keep it simple for the original poster so as not to confuse them. I'm fully aware that antivirus programs will remove SOME spyware, but their focus is on viruses hence why they're called antivirus programs. I really don't want to go into an etymological breakdown because I have better things to do **coughComputingandITdegreeworkcough** with my time.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Aven Donn

I was trying to keep it simple for the original poster so as not to confuse them. I'm fully aware that antivirus programs will remove SOME spyware, but their focus is on viruses hence why they're called antivirus programs. I really don't want to go into an etymological breakdown because I have better things to do **coughComputingandITdegreeworkcough** with my time.

Oh the logical fallacies... You flat out said that viruses and spyware are entirely separate and that anti viruses wont clean spyware. You were wrong, I called you out. Stop making excuses. Hell you even said expecting an anti virus to deal with spyware is silly. You claimed sypware and viruses are entirely different things.
Use hijackthis to scan. It'll let you know what's wrong with your pc.
Paste the scan in here and we'll help.
Jaydi Blaze
It says that the setup failed.
hello toki
Jaydi Blaze
It says that the setup failed.
...there's nothing to set up, it is just a program that runs by itself.

>.<
http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

Get the full version there.
Jaydi Blaze

"Another setup is already running or has not completed.

Please wait for setup to complete or reboot and try again"
gonk gonk gonk

Nvm, I restarted my computer and I clicked 'run.'
It doesn't need a set up? o__o
"SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition Setup"

Anyways, I finished the set up and I'm now scanning my computer.
Once it's done, I just delete all of the threats and I'm done?

Apparently my tracking cookies are threats.
lolwut.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces