Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so I downloaded Gunbound yesterday and tried to run it, but then I got this error message:

User Image

I thought this seemed incredibly weird, because I have a Geforce 9800 GT with the latest drivers installed. Considering it can handle Crysis, Far Cry 2 and so on without a problem, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle Gunbound.

So I opened dxdiag to check some things out and...

User Image

Noticed that DirectDraw was disabled, and Direct3D was only partially available. I also noticed that it seems to think my graphics card is integrated even though it's not. It has 512 MB dedicated memory and everything.

I have DirectX 10, but I tried downloading 9.1c because I've heard 10 has some backwards compatibility problems. Didn't help. I also tried redownloading the drivers. Didn't work either.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?
Your drivers are not installed correctly. Reinstall your video card drivers as well as your motherboard drivers.
I completely got rid of my old drivers (even used Nasty File Remover) and then installed the latest drivers. Didn't help. There are no drivers for my motherboard, except for BIOS updates.
Deadly Delusion XV
I completely got rid of my old drivers (even used Nasty File Remover) and then installed the latest drivers. Didn't help. There are no drivers for my motherboard, except for BIOS updates.

What is your motherboard? Almost all motherboards I have ever used had some sort of chipset drivers, which are often required in order for the video card to work properly.

Also, I assume you have rebooted, correct?
Caitlyn McKenzie
Deadly Delusion XV

What is your motherboard? Almost all motherboards I have ever used had some sort of chipset drivers, which are often required in order for the video card to work properly.

My motherboard is the Asus P5N-E SLI. There is a chipset driver, but that's for the integrated graphics card.

And yes, I rebooted.
Deadly Delusion XV
Caitlyn McKenzie
Deadly Delusion XV

My motherboard is the Asus P5N-E SLI. There is a chipset driver, but that's for the integrated graphics card.

And yes, I rebooted.

No it isn't, your motherboard doesn't have an integrated graphics card. The nForce chipset drivers are your motherboard's chipset drivers. nForce is not a video chipset.
Caitlyn McKenzie
Deadly Delusion XV
Caitlyn McKenzie
Deadly Delusion XV

And yes, I rebooted.

No it isn't, your motherboard doesn't have an integrated graphics card. The nForce chipset drivers are your motherboard's chipset drivers. nForce is not a video chipset.

The disc I got with the motherboard says "Graphics Integrated Motherboard", but okay, I'll try installing the chipset drivers.
That didn't work either. I haven't restarted my computer yet, though, but I can't do that right now. I'll get to it later.

It only seemed to install something called "MediaShield" anyway.
Did you download the chipset drivers from the asus site you just linked me from? Click on download then go to chipset after picking your OS.
Caitlyn McKenzie
Did you download the chipset drivers from the asus site you just linked me from? Click on download then go to chipset after picking your OS.
That's what I did.
1 - Uninstall chipset stuff.
2 - Uninstall video stuff.
3 - Restart.
4 - Install chipset stuff.
5 - Restart.
6 - Install video stuff.
7 - Restart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff