Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nazi Keyne
Nameless_FaceEater
STOP TRYING TO CONVERT, WHAT IS BEST IS THE PERSONAL OPINION OF THAT PERSON! HELP WITH THE PROBLEM DO NOT CONVERT!

sometimes converting is the best solution. thats only if you wish to avoid more problems.

I tend to disagree, programs like spybot and adaware make good companions for your PC to begin with. Add in the new popup blocker that came with SP2 and Google toolbar and you wont really see another popup or spyware related problem again. As for Firefox and Opera they aren't free of their own security exploits, and the patches for both of those are not so forthcoming as internet explorer patches.
The exploits regarding Firefox are primarily location spoofs. Any internet user worth his salt shouldn't be fooled so easily, though some people are still stupid enough to run NOTAVIRUS.EXE from their email, send their life savings to a Nigerian head of state, and buy home mortgage lengthening pills.
B_Type13X2
Nazi Keyne
Nameless_FaceEater
STOP TRYING TO CONVERT, WHAT IS BEST IS THE PERSONAL OPINION OF THAT PERSON! HELP WITH THE PROBLEM DO NOT CONVERT!

sometimes converting is the best solution. thats only if you wish to avoid more problems.

I tend to disagree, programs like spybot and adaware make good companions for your PC to begin with. Add in the new popup blocker that came with SP2 and Google toolbar and you wont really see another popup or spyware related problem again. As for Firefox and Opera they aren't free of their own security exploits, and the patches for both of those are not so forthcoming as internet explorer patches.

Thats true that sypbot and ad aware help so much when dealing with IE (i use ad aware and IE at home) Firefox has never given me any problems compared to IE so I'm basing my posts only on experiences of myself and others I know.
So instead of 'converting', play up the 'add another browser' angle and the fact that you can have IE, Netscape, Opera, and Firefox on the same PC machine. Use whichever one you like best for any given task.

Most of the malware hacks write for IE because of all the people using it. It's not a 'better' or 'worse' browser than any other (especially if you add Avant or Maxthon shells), it's just the biggest malware target in the field. The security measures you should take with IE, like an antivirus resident scanner, a resident firewall, and spyware/adware scans and/or blockers, go for all browsers, not just IE.

And never run a program attached or linked in an eMail without virus scanning first... or take a virus warning from 'Joke-A-Day.com' seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff